Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Merrick...

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Oh Merrick...

Anyone have any luck requesting a cli on merrick cards? I have one of the old hooters cards and the thing is just stuck at a low cl for last 2 years. My scores have all increased substantially and all of my other lines are @ 5k or above (xcpt orchard). I tried calling csr who r so rude and was told they don't do customer initiated cli requests but that my account is reviewed monthly. When i pulled my reports recently from annualcreditreport.com i only see a soft every two or sometimes every 3 months??

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Oh Merrick...

If it has an annual fee... just close it..

Otherwise, sock drawer and lower your expectations...  Hooter's card will never be the Hilton surpass card

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 15
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Yes it does have an annual fee but i keep it anyway...call me crazy its almost sentimental :-) Believe me I'm under no delusions regarding this cards lack of potential. Still, it would be nice to see it grow a lil. I've read posts from back in the day where merrick gave the highest limits. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck recently.

Message 3 of 15
beachbum33
New Contributor

No luck requesting but after a year it went up $200 then 4months afterwards another $200, I let you know in 2 months if they raise it again. 

Message 4 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I myself have a Merrick Bank visa and have only gotten a CL(200) once since opeining account back in May 2012. They actually sent me a letter back in Nov warning me that they may close my account if i keep opening new accounts. My Discover, Walmart and Dillards had reported in August so i guess thats what they were talking about. They auto CLI a month later. I dont think this card will grow with me but i like the fact that they provide with a free monthly bankcard-enhanced TU Fico score if you sign up for paperless statements. That is the only reason i havent closed it.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 15
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I have never had a cli and i have had the card 2 years 3 months

Message 6 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:
I have never had a cli and i have had the card 2 years 3 months

sign up for paperless statement and you can see a monthly TU Fico score that they provide and is the same score they use for Account Review. Otherwise if you really dont have much use for it then just sock-drawer or close it.

Message 7 of 15
PCMedic
New Contributor

Got mine (Merrick Visa) in Oct 2011 with an 1100 CL. have gotten regular increases every few months. The last one just a few weeks ago. I am not at 3100 CL.  Seems each tim I PIF or make a large payment within a few weeks I see a CLI.

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 8 of 15
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

+1 Love that u get a free score but it never updates at the same time each month? It actually shows me having a higher score than myfico. Too bad it isn't my real score :-(

Message 9 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:
+1 Love that u get a free score but it never updates at the same time each month? It actually shows me having a higher score than myfico. Too bad it isn't my real score :-(

It is a true score because it is part of the FICO family. Im sure thats the score they use for account reviews and approvals. It is know as a "bankcard-enhance" FICO score. Im sure not too many lenders use this scoring model but it is a real score (Not FAKO).

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.