Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh, Oh CITI 2CASH !

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Oh, Oh CITI 2CASH !

@Anonymous wrote:

Found in another forum that Citi has began to send selective sign-up bonus offers for this product (the enclosed one was for $200.00!!!).  I sugest everybody stop your engines and wait for further instructions...

This trumps those who are still on the QS bandwagon.  I guess the difference is the QS is for everyone.

Message 11 of 49
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

I got one yesterday offering $200 - But it only offered 12 months 0% instead of the 15 months on the site - I didn't apply because i don't yet need another card, an extra 1% for me is about $12 a month - I would rather save the HP Smiley Wink

What?!?  Even if you don't care about the extra $12 a month, what about the $200?!?

+1 Unless you are applying for something big soon or tend to carry balances because you pretty much have two Citi balance transfer cards. 

It would of been nice if they told you the APR they were offering you.

Message 12 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simply827 wrote:

I received a mail offer with no signup bonus. It identified me as a current card member and had a set APR. I wonder if they're being like Amex and not giving current card members the signup bonus. 

Knowing Citi, they'll send me several varying offers in the next few weeks. I'll wait it out and see what shows up in my mailbox. I planned to PC, but I'll app for a signup bonus.

ETA: I see that Chris is a current card member, so my theory is flawed.

At least now we know that a good sign-up bonus is not just a possibility but IT'S HAPPENING!  Just not for most of us....  for now.  But, that has to change, and when it does it will force others to do somethig about it.  Like Capital One Quicksilver offering half-a-point less in rewards and half the money in sign-up bonus, cannot stand.  We may have before us a mini-bonus spree in the making, just before the Christmas season.  So keep your cool and stayed tuned....

Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

I got one yesterday offering $200 - But it only offered 12 months 0% instead of the 15 months on the site - I didn't apply because i don't yet need another card, an extra 1% for me is about $12 a month - I would rather save the HP Smiley Wink

What?!?  Even if you don't care about the extra $12 a month, what about the $200?!?

+1 Unless you are applying for something big soon or tend to carry balances because you pretty much have two Citi balance transfer cards. 

It would of been nice if they told you the APR they were offering you.

Chrisw must be in a much better spot than most of us.  Because, according to his own calculations, he is rejecting for the first year of this card $344.00! ($200 + $12 a month), I wouldn't reject such sweetness...

Message 14 of 49
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I sent a SM to citi to see if I could get the offer. 

#Waiting

Message 15 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, you haven't applied yet?  Or are you asking retroactively?

In any case, keep us posted, please!

Message 16 of 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Oh the agony or rather EXCITEMENT! Smiley Very Happy of seeing THAT now Smiley Surprised

On the one hand i almost don't want to wait until the EO office calls back tomorrow on a PC request and now a new BONUS spend offer. Decisions, decisions Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Oh the agony or rather EXCITEMENT! Smiley Very Happy of seeing THAT now Smiley Surprised

On the one hand i almost don't want to wait until the EO office calls back tomorrow on a PC request and now a new BONUS spend offer. Decisions, decisions Smiley Indifferent

The irony is that if tomorrow the EO calls to "congratulate" you because they are giving you exactly what you requested, you will have to pretend to be happy...

Message 18 of 49
Open123
Super Contributor

Much more compelling offer now!  

Message 19 of 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Much more compelling offer now!  

Everyone was in limbo for days over the lack of mention of a Signing Bonus which could really Sweeten the deal for DC. But FOR SURE!!! now there is one. Which for some of us makes matters a lot more interesting now.Example: Current Citi cardholders (most anyway) who wish to PC can do so rather effortlessly. Or there arises the option NOW of apping directly for it and keeping the one we have, which will spawn a HP however $200 Sign Up is pretty encouraging and it's a 2% EVERYTHING!! as well as you could build an additional account with them if your inclined to that.

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.