tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh, Oh CITI 2CASH !

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Interesting!

Although I would likely never get the card for myself, my brother got a pre-approved letter a few days ago.

0% for 12 months

No sign-up bonus

BUT: 10.99% APR

It's like they're picking offers out of a hat! Smiley Very Happy

Is he already with Citi?  And that interest rate is already 2% lower than the lowest advertised in the letter enclosed here.  How is that possible?

Hmm I'm actually trying to think, but no, he's not already with Citi, unless you count being an authorized user on my Shell card! And I have no clue how it's possible, but here's the letter and additional disclosure!

Thanks for the pics!  I am trying to understand from the marketting point of view, why would they LIE about the APR range they offer?  It is understood that some people get a higher or lower rate, but why lie about how low can it get?  Some people would apply for a card with the possibility of a 10.99% and they wouldn't if the best they could do is 12.99%, I just don't understand Citi's thinking, if they are thinking...

Message 31 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Interesting!

Although I would likely never get the card for myself, my brother got a pre-approved letter a few days ago.

0% for 12 months

No sign-up bonus

Is he already with Citi?  And that interest rate is already 2% lower than the lowest advertised in the letter enclosed here.  How is that possible?

Hmm I'm actually trying to think, but no, he's not already with Citi, unless you count being an authorized user on my Shell card! And I have no clue how it's possible, but here's the letter and additional disclosure!

Thanks for the pics!  I am trying to understand from the marketting point of view, why would they LIE about the APR range they offer?  It is understood that some people get a higher or lower rate, but why lie about how low can it get?  Some people would apply for a card with the possibility of a 10.99% and they wouldn't if the best they could do is 12.99%, I just don't understand Citi's thinking, if they are thinking...

Why is it a lie?    If you apply without a targetted offer, the APR will be in the range they specify.    Targetted offers can change anything, such as the APR, the rewards structure, a sign-up bonus.

Message 32 of 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Interesting!

0% for 12 months

No sign-up bonus

From all the different results now flooding in it's kind of difficult to gauge Citi on just how much planning is gone into this new release. I would almost gather a pretty good guess that this DC CC was launched with some routine forethought & expectations of what they were prepared for and that they'll decide on-the-fly as new results filter in as to what manner of fine tuning they'll take on it as the dust settles Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Interesting!

0% for 12 months

No sign-up bonus

Why is it a lie?    If you apply without a targetted offer, the APR will be in the range they specify.    Targetted offers can change anything, such as the APR, the rewards structure, a sign-up bonus.

The way I see it, the letter itself contains the targetted offer, the sidelines of the text give range for the card in general.  Aren't they supposed, by law, to make clear what are the best terms for a given financial product and if you don't get them, you get to review your credit info for free and check that things are as they should?  If they LIE about what are the best terms for the card, how can you exercise your rights?

Message 34 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Interesting!

0% for 12 months

No sign-up bonus

From all the different results now flooding in it's kind of difficult to gauge Citi on just how much planning is gone into this new release. I would almost gather a pretty good guess that this DC CC was launched with some routine forethought & expectations of what they were prepared for and that they'll decide on-the-fly as new results filter in as to what manner of fine tuning they'll take on it as the dust settles Smiley Very Happy

I think Citi have been outside the front lines of the credit card world for so long that their team is a little rusty...

Message 35 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The way I see it, the letter itself contains the targetted offer, the sidelines of the text give range for the card in general.  Aren't they supposed, by law, to make clear what are the best terms for a given financial product and if you don't get them, you get to review your credit info for free and check that things are as they should?  If they LIE about what are the best terms for the card, how can you exercise your rights?

As far as I can see, the letter contains just that one rate.   By law, as you say you can get your credit info if you do not get the best available offer that you are applying for.  For those without the letter, the best offer, as listed,  is 12.99%    If you get more, you can exercise that right.  The fact that Citi is willing to give some other people 10.99, and maybe others PCing, 6.99%,  is outside of that scope.

Message 36 of 49
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

As far as I can see, the letter contains just that one rate.   By law, as you say you can get your credit info if you do not get the best available offer that you are applying for.  For those without the letter, the best offer, as listed,  is 12.99%    If you get more, you can exercise that right.  The fact that Citi is willing to give some other people 10.99, and maybe others PCing, 6.99%,  is outside of that scope.

Exactly.  Of course, the OP feels there's some Citi "conspiracy" with what's advertised on their site versus what could be specific/targeted offers with a new product.

Bottom line OP, you do not know what Citi's underwriting and marketing critrion are out the door with any type of product launch.  A veriety of different pricing tiers were bound to happen.  This is pretty much the same with other products that Citi has launched previously.  Ever heard of revenue channels and pricing models OP?

I'll throw one more out there for you, I received a targeted offer for 18 mos 0% intro APR, 10.99% variable but without the $200 bonus (which I really don't care to apply).  Oh wait, I forgot, as per your notion - Citi is just "lying" to me someway or another.  I should go get a tissue...

Citi Double CB Promo.JPG

Message 37 of 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Exactly.  Of course, the OP feels there's some Citi "conspiracy" with what's advertised on their site versus what could be specific/targeted offers with a new product.

Bottom line OP, you do not know what Citi's underwriting and marketing critrion are out the door with any type of product launch.  A veriety of different pricing tiers were bound to happen.  This is pretty much the same with other products that Citi has launched previously.  Ever heard of revenue channels and pricing models OP?

I'll throw one more out there for you, I received a targeted offer for 18 mos 0% intro APR, 10.99% variable but without the $200 bonus (which I really don't care to apply).  Oh wait, I forgot, as per your notion - Citi is just "lying" to me someway or another.  I should go get a tissue...

Citi Double CB Promo.JPG

Exactly what was expected from what is beginning to surface now that these screenies are coming to light. It's a grab bag of multiple different OFFERS targeted and not arising from their U/W criteria no less.

The ULTIMATE offer OF COURSE would be 0% APR per 18 Months along with the $200 Special sign on bonus as well as their lowest APR afterwards. Interesting to see if someone lucks out for that one IF they offer it at all. Maybe there's an outside chance if it's not an ULTIMATE offer to barter with them to tack it all together?

Message 38 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Citi Double CB Promo.JPG

Exactly what was expected from what is beginning to surface now that these screenies are coming to light. It's a grab bag of multiple different OFFERS targeted and not arising from their U/W criteria no less.

The ULTIMATE offer OF COURSE would be 0% APR per 18 Months along with the $200 Special sign on bonus as well as their lowest APR afterwards. Interesting to see if someone lucks out for that one IF they offer it at all. Maybe there's an outside chance if it's not an ULTIMATE offer to barter with them to tack it all together?

$200 is just the highest we heard so far, there could be a $300 offer for example.   so I wouldn't call that ultimate.

Also, on my Dividend, I got double points for the first year.   Such an offer on this card would be even more ultimate!

Message 39 of 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Citi Double CB Promo.JPG

$200 is just the highest we heard so far, there could be a $300 offer for example.   so I wouldn't call that ultimate.

Also, on my Dividend, I got double points for the first year.   Such an offer on this card would be even more ultimate!

Well, for what is been offered to now, and it is early, that does remain ULTIMATE for Citi unless they decide to trump over it which i don't really see them doing and likely won't.

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.