Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Well - Good News/ Bad News For My Chances at Chase

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Oh Well - Good News/ Bad News For My Chances at Chase

Bk finally fell off -   Still have  baddies: 2011 Satisfied Tax judgment - and Unsatisfied 2009 Aspire/Midland Judgement - a story from which I will spare you.  I got Discover and Barclay right before 2011 tax judgment -  And a Citi Visa and Credit Union Visa over the past two months - after BK fell off.

The only other negative on my CR - is from a string of 30 days past due from 2010-2011 showing up on EX -  Not at all on EQ - and only partially on TU.  This is a record from a small community CU - with whom I secured another loan after the fact - At the time of offering me the second loan, the loan officer agreed to remove the negative history from the first loan off my CRs.  This was partly due to the fact that I did not include them in my BK - I really wanted to pay this community CU what I owed them.

When I was denied for a Chase last year, and called to recon, the rep told me that of all the things on my CR, the late payments on the loan is what was hurting my chances with them the most.  I told her that the loan officer had agreed to remove those the year before - but no matter how often I disputed those - they did not go away.  She said, once they did, give them a call.   They did not go away - and Chase denied me again this year.

Finally, I spoke with someone at the CU yesterday who was not eager to help -  Today, I got the specific loan officer on the phone with whom I worked two years ago - He remembered the case - Said he would talk to someone and call back.  He called back to say he removed all of the negatives from my file - and that this should be reflected in my CR by the end of next month!  YAY

Just for good measure - pulled my CRS today - and BAM - Pressler and Pressler - Collections Attorney  pulled my CR from EX yesterday.  I do not owe anyone else money  - and assume this is about the Midland judgment - about which I am ready to renew my fight.  I have already called the county court -  Yes, I have had a jugement - but there was some suspect goings on around this whole thing.  And when I called  back then to find out what happened (I was never notified of the outcome), I was told "The judgment was against you because you did not submit proof of having responded to Midland's attorneys."  I took the receipt for the certified mail down to the courthouse, but I was told nothing could be done.   I was too defeated to fight at the time; I will try to take this on again, in any way that I can.....  I spoke with two clerks today who think it is worth a second look, even after all of this time.

If the judgment stands, it stands but DAMN how is that for some &^((^(^ crazy irony - Finally, I can see a way in with Chase - (after the CU late payments fall off) and now THIS!  I really wish Chase would just pull Eq for me here in NY - My score just went up to 740 with them - and the CU account does not show up at all on that report.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Oh Well - Good News/ Bad News For My Chances at Chase

Chase will use the credit bureau of your choice if you call the backdoor number to app.  They have done it for me before.  You just have to ask them.  Also, what card are you applying for?  Some Chase cards are easier than others to obtain.  I would try for the Amazon visa or maybe the slate if you are just looking for an "in" with chase.  Chase gave me the amazon card when I had only 10 months of credit history and only a target and cap 1 card.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 5
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Chase will use the credit bureau of your choice if you call the backdoor number to app.  They have done it for me before.  You just have to ask them.  Also, what card are you applying for?  Some Chase cards are easier than others to obtain.  I would try for the Amazon visa or maybe the slate if you are just looking for an "in" with chase.  Chase gave me the amazon card when I had only 10 months of credit history and only a target and cap 1 card.

Thanks - maybe I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get them to pull EQ -  If not, I will leave it alone.  I have applied for Slate and Freedom.  I am interested in the Sapphire Preferred.   I would take the Freedom, however. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed! Good luck.
Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@flowfaster wrote:

The above data point only works some of the time and depends on their underwriting policies (i.e. borderline approval that would necessitate an alternate CR, etc.).  So, it's not 100% solid when going the reconsideration route.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.