Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Wells Fargo....

tag
blk8
Regular Contributor

Re: Oh Wells Fargo....

I would request a CLI with all of your other CC's to match the 10k wells fargo CL.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 11 of 18
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice.  Thinking the best thing to do is call if the cant unsecure it im definitely just going to close it.  Im not looking for any increases on my other credit cards being that Im a stay at home mom with #3 on the way and im actually comfortable with my limits and only have a small balance on one card. I just want my money back because I have better cards with better rewards. 

Message 12 of 18
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice.  Thinking the best thing to do is call if the cant unsecure it im definitely just going to close it.  Im not looking for any increases on my other credit cards being that Im a stay at home mom with #3 on the way and im actually comfortable with my limits and only have a small balance on one card. I just want my money back because I have better cards with better rewards. 

+1...i should have followed that advice when they said my card was not going to graduate this past April. I should have just closed it but decided to apply for the unsecured only to get denied at first...called for recon and they resubmitted it to UW and said they would have to close my secured one if i was to get approved for the unsecured. Well eventually got approved for only 2k. The secured one had a limit of 4k so since they didnt come close to matching my secured one, letting my emotions get the best of me, i called and closed the new card. Told them i wasnt happy with the way the whole process was handled gave them the whole been a long time customer with mulitple accounts and that is all they could approve me for???. Still have a personal and business accounts with them but will be closed by the end of the year. If you really have no need for the card then just close it and get your money back.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 13 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Like dodgers did, you could always talk to an underwriter and have them insecure it, although it will be at a lower credit limit most likely.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 18
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Hello and sorry to hear about your account not graduating.  I would call them in a heart beat.  I opened my account early July 2012, and I received a letter earlier this month

from them advising that my card would be graduating to the unsecured card within the next 45 days.  I have deposited $9500 so far.  There were a few other people who posted that they received the same letter. 

NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 15 of 18
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thanks again everyone. It's been a long time with this card so ill be closing it. I never expected it to take this long and from hearing other stories I just dont feel like its all that great of a card. I should have gone with USAA instead.

Message 16 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Thanks again everyone. It's been a long time with this card so ill be closing it. I never expected it to take this long and from hearing other stories I just dont feel like its all that great of a card. I should have gone with USAA instead.

+1 to that...   After all of my drama with Wells they changed their account fee structure too, which was enough to push me over the edge.  Now I maintain 1 free account with them along with my mortgage so I have a branch to walk into if I need it.... and all of my other banking has moved over to USAA.  I've been very happy with that change. 

Message 17 of 18
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

I have two CC with USAA that I opened in the last three months.  Unlike other cc companies they didn't seem to care about my other limits.  They approved me for their preappoved me for Amex then gave me 12k then preapproved me for their World dividend card and gave me 15k.  At the time they were my highest limits.  I am sure if your report is good also income you would be pretty happy with the limits they offer you.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.