cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh my goodness ~ what do you say ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh my goodness ~ what do you say ...

Thanks everyone for your opinion and experience ... it's good to hear good/pros and bad/cons.

I've asked DD to print the report out and provide me cc's information since I don't know the password.   I discovered on my friend's CR, that NFCU and Citi made report on his but not Amex, Chase, and Discover.   So, possibility of that her CR may have only two of NFCU ccs only ... not Amex and Discover.

I'm still going to talk and explain to her about this benefit, and I'm willing to remove her as AU if she still wants to be out.   Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a side note to this,

you may want to keep her as an AU on your AMEX since they backdate AU's to the membership date of the account holder. True story, my brother was an AU on my blue, have it since 07, not much history, but still, he got a Blue this year on his own and got backdated to the 07 date - it helps!!

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As a side note to this,

you may want to keep her as an AU on your AMEX since they backdate AU's to the membership date of the account holder. True story, my brother was an AU on my blue, have it since 07, not much history, but still, he got a Blue this year on his own and got backdated to the 07 date - it helps!!

Yes, it would be nice if she let me ... I would like to keep her on as AU until she gets one on her own, then remove her if she wants.   Especially Amex as everyone knows they will backdate.  Plus, Au on Discover will help her to get her own if she decide to get one ... I hope.

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

kids these days... they can be so stubborn!

Message 34 of 39
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

They don't know what's good for them.  That's why they have parents!

Did you know what you were doing at that age? I know I didn't.

My dad let me know that he enrolled me in USAA and told me what a good organization it was.  It went in one ear and out the other.  I was like, "Whatever, Dad."

Now I'd like to say, "Thanks, Dad!"  At least I didn't argue with him back then... I kept an open mind, even if I didn't totally understand it.  Now USAA has turned out to be one of the cornerstones of my financial life.

Not applicable

Chester,  we don't have any cc at that time ... I think, I've never seen it.  We only had ATM card.  Basically I was getting small allowance in cash monthly, and my mom told me to record it in the notebook ... which is beginning of bookkeeping education.   Then, got my own bank acct and ATM card.   Thanks to my mom, I am doing well to manage my itsy bitsy tiny  income.  Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 39
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would remove your daughter as an AU on all the credit card(s) for now. If she asks for help then offer to help. The most important thing is to teach your children how manage money and save money. I can remember when first tried to extablish credit it took a few apps but I got my first card it was store card then slowly built on that. I kept and used it until the store closed in 2007. Chester's post reminded me of what I say about parents. When you are small your parents know everything. By the time you are teenager your parents do not know anything. Some time after the teen age years have past you see once again how smart /wise they are.  It is amazing how time changes your perspective on some things.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I've asking her to provide me the password so I can print her CR for review.   She wasn't but she finally gave it to me and I could print her CR out.  Then I noticed her DOB is incorrect.  She have to dispute this by herself ... of cause I will teach her how if she ask for my help.

Regarding the removal ... I am still waiting for her answer.  But once I remove her as AU, I don't think add her as AU again.  This sounds mean but I think it is fair.

Message 38 of 39
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Andy,

I've asking her to provide me the password so I can print her CR for review.   She wasn't but she finally gave it to me and I could print her CR out.  Then O noticed her DOB is incorrect.  She have to dispute this by herself ... of cause I will teach her how if she ask for my help.

Regarding the removal ... I am still waiting for her answer.  But once I remove her as AU, I don't think add her as AU again.  This sounds mean but I think it is fair.

Now bunny we musn't hold grudges against our kids for sometimes being kinda clueless as teenagers, most of us are! as PP, lol

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.