cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh well, I think I deserve it, Amex double pull for a SPG.

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Oh well, I think I deserve it, Amex double pull for a SPG.

Smiley SadYesterday jumped the fence and applied for SPG, today saw the double pull on EX and TU. Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Oh well, I think I deserve it, Amex double pull for a SPG.

@DavidZeng wrote:

Smiley SadYesterday jumped the fence and applied for SPG, today saw the double pull on EX and TU. Smiley Sad 

Well did you get it ????

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 19
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Yes, but this time was not instantly approved, I got the message to call in.  CSR asked my birthday and SSN. Then I got my card today.

Message 3 of 19
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

Yes, but this time was not instantly approved, I got the message to call in.  CSR asked my birthday and SSN. Then I got my card today.

Congrats on getting it Smiley Happy  it could have been worst ..... At lease they didn't triple pull you like Capital One does ( In Which i won't get 1 of there cards)

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 19
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

Congrats on getting it Smiley Happy  it could have been worst ..... At lease they didn't triple pull you like Capital One does ( In Which i won't get 1 of there cards)

Thank you so much!

I googled about the AMEX call in, it seems they usually already approved you but they need SSN and DOB verification. When I submitted the application, I saw the EX hp was already generated(Based on normal circumstances, I think a new HP means approval). I then called in, the nice lady just asked the SSN, and she offered the expedite handling. People say AMEX new card department call center is in Inida, now I don't doubt it.

Message 5 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 19
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thank you so much! Now I should really sleep on my cards and garden for CSPSmiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 19
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

Thank you so much!

I googled about the AMEX call in, it seems they usually already approved you but they need SSN and DOB verification. When I submitted the application, I saw the EX hp was already generated(Based on normal circumstances, I think a new HP means approval). I then called in, the nice lady just asked the SSN, and she offered the expedite handling. People say AMEX new card department call center is in Inida, now I don't doubt it.

Everytime (but once maybe) i call i get someone overseas!!!!  I have better luck with the online chat.........anyway enjoy your new card Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DavidZeng wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thank you so much! Now I should really sleep on my cards and garden for CSPSmiley Embarassed

Sounds like a good plan OP... Congrats!  At the end of the day, even with 2 HPs, you were still approved... well worth it IMO.

Message 9 of 19
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Thank you, FinStar. But my TU is now totally ruined. I think the HP is 9 now. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.