cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transunion.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@Remedios wrote:

I just want to make sure I read this right....

 

You have one card and are planning an app spree? 


Gotta start somewhere right?

EQ 812 / TU 802 / EX 818 (Before the credit sprees will update soon)
Message 11 of 25
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun

App spree with only one card is going to set off fraud indicators right and left, I wouldn’t do it. Just pick one solid card, grab it, hit the garden for 6 months and grab another. 

 

Sprees are not really even advisable for thicker files these days but the AA comes quick on thin ones. 

Current rotation:

01/2019:
05/2020:

Goal card: Cash+

P.S. I’m a dude, yo!
Message 12 of 25
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@Saeren wrote:

App spree with only one card is going to set off fraud indicators right and left, I wouldn’t do it. Just pick one solid card, grab it, hit the garden for 6 months and grab another. 

 

Sprees are not really even advisable for thicker files these days but the AA comes quick on thin ones. 


One of the main reason why I spoke to Wells Fargo banker and stated I wanted business and personal credit products, which they stated they could do...

EQ 812 / TU 802 / EX 818 (Before the credit sprees will update soon)
Message 13 of 25
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun

Plus, an item to keep in mind, while in a variety of cases some lenders may traditionally use a specific CRA, it's always going to be YEMV.  For instance WF has been known to pull any of the 3 (even in the same region).  BBVA usually pulls EX as mentioned upthread, but they've been known to use TU in some cases.  Citi and Chase have been reported to pull 2 CRAs in most cases, and the CRA "mix" can vary (like a can of Planters mixed nuts).

 

Discover is likely to HP for the business CC, not SP (you can reference the Business Forum for DPs on that one).

Message 14 of 25
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@FenderGuy wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

App spree with only one card is going to set off fraud indicators right and left, I wouldn’t do it. Just pick one solid card, grab it, hit the garden for 6 months and grab another. 

 

Sprees are not really even advisable for thicker files these days but the AA comes quick on thin ones. 


One of the main reason why I spoke to Wells Fargo banker and stated I wanted business and personal credit products, which they stated they could do...


Personal and business accounts usually have some separation between them although I’m not really sure of the details there since I don’t have any business accounts but I would still pick up one personal, one business, and then hit the garden to be safe. 

 

There are way too many posts about AA these days to not take it seriously. I actually am kind of surprised that I got as far as I did without any AA. 

Current rotation:

01/2019:
05/2020:

Goal card: Cash+

P.S. I’m a dude, yo!
Message 15 of 25
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@FenderGuy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I just want to make sure I read this right....

 

You have one card and are planning an app spree? 


Gotta start somewhere right?


Right but...you start with one additional card, maybe two if you feel lucky.  

 

You haven't been really active credit seeking wise and a sudden burst of activity can lead to those stories no one really wants to tell.  Thin files and app sprees do not mix well 

 

Also, dont worry about where HP ends as lots of lenders will perform soft pull(s) on a different CRA either to see if you're "hiding something" or for AR/CLI purposes.

For example, Disco may pull EX or EQ for app, but TU for AR monthly. 

 

Good luck. 

 

 

 

Message 16 of 25
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@Saeren wrote:

@FenderGuy wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

App spree with only one card is going to set off fraud indicators right and left, I wouldn’t do it. Just pick one solid card, grab it, hit the garden for 6 months and grab another. 

 

Sprees are not really even advisable for thicker files these days but the AA comes quick on thin ones. 


One of the main reason why I spoke to Wells Fargo banker and stated I wanted business and personal credit products, which they stated they could do...


Personal and business accounts usually have some separation between them although I’m not really sure of the details there since I don’t have any business accounts but I would still pick up one personal, one business, and then hit the garden to be safe. 

 

There are way too many posts about AA these days to not take it seriously. I actually am kind of surprised that I got as far as I did without any AA. 


Thats the chance I am going to have to take to see if an AA is issued, I think I will be fine with Wells and Discover....

EQ 812 / TU 802 / EX 818 (Before the credit sprees will update soon)
Message 17 of 25
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@FinStar wrote:

Plus, an item to keep in mind, while in a variety of cases some lenders may traditionally use a specific CRA, it's always going to be YEMV.  For instance WF has been known to pull any of the 3 (even in the same region).  BBVA usually pulls EX as mentioned upthread, but they've been known to use TU in some cases.  Citi and Chase have been reported to pull 2 CRAs in most cases, and the CRA "mix" can vary (like a can of Planters mixed nuts).

 

Discover is likely to HP for the business CC, not SP (you can reference the Business Forum for DPs on that one).

 

Im in AZ.....Yes I am aware Discover will be HP for business...thinking SP for personal


 

EQ 812 / TU 802 / EX 818 (Before the credit sprees will update soon)
Message 18 of 25
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun

So, the people have spoken!

 

What's your decision?

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 19 of 25
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun


@Remedios wrote:

@FenderGuy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I just want to make sure I read this right....

 

You have one card and are planning an app spree? 


Gotta start somewhere right?


Right but...you start with one additional card, maybe two if you feel lucky.  

 

You haven't been really active credit seeking wise and a sudden burst of activity can lead to those stories no one really wants to tell.  Thin files and app sprees do not mix well 

 

Also, dont worry about where HP ends as lots of lenders will perform soft pull(s) on a different CRA either to see if you're "hiding something" or for AR/CLI purposes.

For example, Disco may pull EX or EQ for app, but TU for AR monthly. 

 

Good luck. 

 

 

 


Credit was fixed in 2015 everything fall off that needed back than, credits been clean since. While I understand what you say, I have to start somewhere to start rebuilding my credit cards again, Im past the subprime days and with my income and 3% ratio, I should be fine with Wells and Discover...We shall what happens with those 2 first apps in the a few weeks

EQ 812 / TU 802 / EX 818 (Before the credit sprees will update soon)
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.