Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, need help with wording

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Okay, need help with wording

Alright, This is a great forum! it has helped me plenty!!  I wanna save an INQ if I think I know the meaning of this..  when I see  credit history clear of serious delinquencies or bankruptcies message on chase app page does this means no recent BK  such as no fresh BK within 12 to 24 months old ? or does my BK have to fall off completely on all CRA's ? ( 3 more years, I think for my BK to fall off completely )   

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Okay, need help with wording

@SnowBowl wrote:

Alright, This is a great forum! it has helped me plenty!!  I wanna save an INQ if I think I know the meaning of this..  when I see  credit history clear of serious delinquencies or bankruptcies message on chase app page does this means no recent BK  such as no fresh BK within 12 to 24 months old ? or does my BK have to fall off completely on all CRA's ? ( 3 more years, I think for my BK to fall off completely )   

The Chase application form clearly states "Is your credit history clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts?"; which essentially means at any given time.  If you select "yes" and there is evidence of such negative information, the application will not be approved.

Unless your credit profile is fairly solid with decent scores, no other negative information and your utilization is low, then there may be a possibility that you can have them reconsider the decision.  Ultimately, this varies by individual and not everyone is successful on those efforts.  However, if Chase was included in your bankrucpy, then it will be a no go.

Message 2 of 7
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SnowBowl wrote:

The Chase application form clearly states "Is your credit history clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts?"; which essentially means at any given time.  If you select "yes" and there is evidence of such negative information, the application will not be approved.

Unless your credit profile is fairly solid with decent scores, no other negative information and your utilization is low, then there may be a possibility that you can have them reconsider the decision.  Ultimately, this varies by individual and not everyone is successful on those efforts.  However, if Chase was included in your bankrucpy, then it will be a no go.

Thanks.. got it..  2008 BK is recorded on all 3 CRA... so even if Chase does approve me it would most likely to be a toy limit, right?  yes, there no neg infomation on all 3 CRA's beside BK.  which chase card do you recommend me to try to apply for?  Freedom? or Disney Card?

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was approved with a 2006 paid State tax lien with Freedom. They did not question the lien, only my inq's. YMMV
Message 4 of 7
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I was approved with a 2006 paid State tax lien with Freedom. They did not question the lien, only my inq's. YMMV

Thanks, whats a good company for buying credit freeze? I noticed people talk about it on here $10 each time to unfreeze / freeze it..  I might need it Smiley Very Happy just looking for 1 more account to add before going to garden

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SnowBowl wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SnowBowl wrote:

Thanks.. got it..  2008 BK is recorded on all 3 CRA... so even if Chase does approve me it would most likely to be a toy limit, right?  yes, there no neg infomation on all 3 CRA's beside BK.  which chase card do you recommend me to try to apply for?  Freedom? or Disney Card?

Correct - if Chase reconsiders a previous decision then there is a possibility of obtaining a small limit (typically $500) and high APR terms.  However, this will depend on your individual situation (i.e. income, credit profile/history, etc).  If you go via the reconsideration route, you may need to provide them a decent explanation as to why/how the card/relationship will be of value, explain your BK situation, etc.

As far as product choices, it would depend on your financial and/or rewards goals.  The Chase Freedom is a lot easier to obtain than the Disney version based on the underwriting criteria.  If you are approved for the Freedom, you can establish some history with it and apply for the Disney version after 12 months.

Best of luck!

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.