Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy denial letter but score is way off

tag
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Old Navy denial letter but score is way off

I received a denial from Old Navy via email and I just noticed that is shows they pulled TU with a score of 425. Also says scores range from a low 300 to a high 620. My score has never even been close to being that low. I know GE never recons, but should I mail them a letter with the denial attached asking about this? Has this ever happened to anyone?

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Old Navy denial letter but score is way off

Found the answer

"GECRB is a superbank, they use their own model that TU has created for them. 300-620 range scoring lets you know its based on a formula just for them, and not traditional scoring models... "

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rebuildingcredit1 wrote:

Found the answer

"GECRB is a superbank, they use their own model that TU has created for them. 300-620 range scoring lets you know its based on a formula just for them, and not traditional scoring models... "

it's annoying because if you are approved GE sends you the true TU Fico.

If denied they send you this formulated TU score like you got...

I have gone round and round with credit solutions and supervisors about them providing worthless info just because it complies within the law when they very easily could provide the true TU Fico that they also have since it's what they use for Walmart cardmembers and for approvals

Message 3 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@rebuildingcredit1 wrote:

Found the answer

it's annoying because if you are approved GE sends you the true TU Fico.

If denied they send you this formulated TU score like you got...

I have gone round and round with credit solutions and supervisors about them providing worthless info just because it complies within the law when they very easily could provide the true TU Fico that they also have since it's what they use for Walmart cardmembers and for approvals

Not necessarily. I have two Gap Inc cards I was approved for recently. The score is on the back of the paper mailer and it is of the same scale (300-620). It doesn't mention that it is or isn't a FICO BUT it does say that "the score we provide may differ from one you obtain from a credit bureau."

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

gecrb "Superbank!"

Has a nice ring to it. Good one LoL
Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Nothing to worry about its just their scoring model. When my parents received their cli denial they came with the same scoring model of 400s.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.