Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

Hello All...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that starts reading a post, and after a while realize the thing is over a year old or more...lol. Now...the rationale is that if the original post is interesting, why not revive it? The problem is that credit is an ever-changing topic, and the answers that were valid in 2009 may be totally wrong today. So...I was thinking that a different color bubble in front of an old post...the cut-off age of which would be decided by myFICO, would warn everyone that it is an old(er) post before we take the time to answer it as if it were new. I hardly ever notice the dates of posts until I get to the end...lol...Smiley Embarassed! Thanks as always for any input or comments. I'd like credit for this, if it is implemented...LLOOLL!!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

Message 2 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I'll pass your idea on. 

Thank you, Lexie!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 10
Boragard
Established Contributor

While we are on the topic of bubbles in front of posts...

1.  What color bubbles are there?

2.  What do the bubbles and colors signify?

Message 4 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello All...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that starts reading a post, and after a while realize the thing is over a year old or more...lol. Now...the rationale is that if the original post is interesting, why not revive it? The problem is that credit is an ever-changing topic, and the answers that were valid in 2009 may be totally wrong today. So...I was thinking that a different color bubble in front of an old post...the cut-off age of which would be decided by myFICO, would warn everyone that it is an old(er) post before we take the time to answer it as if it were new. I hardly ever notice the dates of posts until I get to the end...lol...Smiley Embarassed! Thanks as always for any input or comments. I'd like credit for this, if it is implemented...LLOOLL!!

This was addressed a few weeks ago in the Smorgass section, I've asked the same question to the MODs and here was the reply:

Administrator

Re: Mark all as read

@yudeology101 wrote:

Actually I have one-   Is there a way that the MODs can either change the color of the subject lines or something else to alert old threads that are 1+ year & up? 

Unfortunately, no.  That would take a development change in the core software platform to do something like that.  It's not a setting controlled by the mods or admins at this point.

You can read the whole thread here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Mark-all-as-read/td-p/2826089

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Boragard wrote:

1.  What color bubbles are there?  bubbles are red or gray

2.  What do the bubbles and colors signify? red denotes a popularly viewed thread

Message 6 of 10
Boragard
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

1.  What color bubbles are there?  bubbles are red or gray

2.  What do the bubbles and colors signify? red denotes a popularly viewed thread

so what does the gray signify?

and the little + in the corner?

Message 7 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Then just make it so you can't post to a thread that is more than 6 months old.

You can always post a link to the old thread in a new post, so its not an unreasonable restriction.  Its rediculous that people use the search feature and start posting corrections to a post from around 2008. Of course the info is out of date, its not 2008, its now 2014. 

Unless of course, they never implement any restriction on reviving old posts. in which case, hello to everyone in the year 2020...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

If you hold the pointer over the bubble it tells you what it is

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 9 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Heh. Good idea.

I inadvertently have Congrats on some of those that new members dredged up over year or two old.

Only realized it when a senior member posted OLD THREAD ALERT in bold n blue shortly thereafter. I concentrate on content in discussion and easily can miss it.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.