Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old accounts removed from reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old accounts removed from reports

About a month ago I disputed two accounts, a Dell Financial Services account (opened in 2005, 3000 CL) and a Macy's account (opened in 2003, 1500 CL) because some of the bureaus were reporting them as open or inactive when they were actually closed (due to in activeness).

My only intent when disputing was to change them from open or inactive to closed, but it seems as though both accounts were removed completely. Is this typical when you disputed accounts? I'd like to get them back somehow... is that possible?

My oldest account currently being reported is 2004, so getting these back would help out a lot....

Message Edited by souper on 05-31-2008 02:26 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Old accounts removed from reports

This is very common, and is one of the perils of disputing.

It might be very difficult or impossible to get them back
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The one thing in your favor is that you weren't complaining about the balance or lates or something, just the inactive vs closed status.

Give them a call; it's worth a try.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who shall I call first, the credit bureau or the CCC?

Thanks for your opinions...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

souper wrote:

If an account has been deleted, the CRA won't be able to help you.  They'll tell you they only report what is reported to them by the creditor, and in order to get a deleted account re-reported, it will have to be initiated by the creditor themselves.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And even if the creditor sends a refresh AND you had never disputed it -
it still may be impossible to get it re-reported-

I have been trying to get a mortgage re-reported on EQ for 10 months-
You are likely SOL and we are not talking statute of limitations

cheddar wrote:

souper wrote:

If an account has been deleted, the CRA won't be able to help you.  They'll tell you they only report what is reported to them by the creditor, and in order to get a deleted account re-reported, it will have to be initiated by the creditor themselves.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if I re-applied for another Best Buy card and got accepted. Do you think when reporting the new account the history for the older account will go along as well?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.