Oldest cards on chopping block

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Oldest cards on chopping block

@sznthescore wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Blocking the automatic CLIs wouldn't be a reason for not graduating. Reasons a card won't unsecure are high (in Navy's eyes) DTI, sometimes lack of DD activity, and of course poor/irresponsible (again, in Navy's view; not saying that that is the case) of your other accounts. How old is the nRewards? Mine also didn't graduate at 6 months, but it did at 13.

@OmarGB9 Its age is 1 yr 8mos. What I really dont understand is... If the account is reviewed at 3months, then 6 months, then monthly thereafter to see if eligible, why didn't it happen before my recent cold app approval?  However, new card is eligible for the current  SUB.

So my plan is when it graduates to pc from the cashRewards thats the standard upgrade to another product. I'll be eligible since I've had the account for over a year. 

I have no idea. You'd have to ask Navy themselves; and even then, I doubt you'd get a straight answer. It's just the way it is sometimes. But you're far from the only one that this has happened to. In any case, it sounds like you've got a plan in place already. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 13
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Lou-natic wrote:

Dumb question but why would you want to block automatic CLIs in the first place? That's just crazy talk.

Some people, me included block automatic cli's on NFCU credit cards because NFCU has been known to slip in a 2500 cli on your card when in 2 weeks or so you could have asked for and gotten 8000 and now have to wait another 6 months to ask again and they just might do the same thing again and in that span your cl would have gone up 5k instead of 16k.

This actually makes sense. I would probably do the same thing then.

3/3/24
Message 12 of 13
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Unify is NOTHING like it was back in the WFCU days. I'd do the same as you and drop the secured card. I might keep the account though...I've found they manage electronic transfers to external accts faster than my primary CU.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.