Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ollo Optimum Mastercard, unlimited 2.5% cashback with no AF

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Ollo Optimum Mastercard, unlimited 2.5% cashback with no AF

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Here is my 2¢: I think this will be sustainable because it is invite only. And Ollo will never invite people who like to pay in full. That way, they don't lose money because they can balance it with interest. I reckon people with really good credit profile will never be invited.

Yeah, but that can be deceiving. On my CR I carry around $16k, 12% util on my CCs and CK and the personal loan folks all think I'm the perfect prospect for a personal loan, CK pushes a bunch to me and I get mailers regularly. But I always pay in full, those balances are 0% intro or BT, or PIF monthly usage. So c'mon Ollo, send me that invite, I promise to carry a HUGE balance! But only for that 15 month 0% intro.

Smiley Wink

Message 51 of 127
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@digitek wrote:

This sounds like a pretty sweet card, sad to find it invite only and ironic that people with the best credit can't actually get one of the best credit cards because the company offering it is not targeting them Smiley LOL

I have my credit profiles frozen with all the major bureau's so I don't think I could ever get an invite unless I unfroze them.

You can get prescreened offers while frozen. Now if you opted out, that's another story but freezing your reports doesn't do anything except stop hard pulls for new credit. New accounts can still be added, soft pulls can still be conducted by existing lenders, and prescreened offers still go out. 

I can confirm that's the same when you have your credit reports locked with a service from the CRA, I have mine locked with an account directly with each CRA. I did opt out for a year or so, too many mailed pre-approvals for personal loans and we had a problem with mail theft in the area. They caught them and I opted back in in January, and got the nice pre-qual mailer from BBVA in March.

Message 52 of 127
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ive never paid attention to the credit cards suggested by Tu or Experian as all i ever see are subprime cards, sure i get the premium ones like Credit One 1% cash bsck MC, but i always figured its all marketing. They dont actually give real odds lol. Maybe i should unfreeze Ex and see if Ollo like average joes? How ODD would that beSmiley Wink

Message 53 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

My aunt got an invite for this card. However, if she doesn't plan to apply for it, I was wondering whether or not I can use her invite code instead. Do you think they have some sort of hard cuts for non-targeted customers that are considered "prime"? Or is that even possible to decline those people from a compliance standpoint? Just a bit of background: I have a 737-754 score depending on the credit model used. However, I recently got declined when I applied for Capital One QuickSilver due to my oldest card being less than 3 years (it's about 2 years now) so now I'm a bit traumatized. I currently also have 6 credit cards, 3 of which are store cards which I now regret getting except for the Amazon one which also has a so-so CL (about $2000). I really want to get a no AF, no foreign fee good cashback card. And if it has a sign up bonus as well as a 0% intro offer, then that would be a great bonus.

Message 54 of 127
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, I don't think you'd be able to use your aunt's invitation (if she were not to take the offer) as you were not the targeted recipient.

Somewhere on the invitation there may be a disclaimer or fine print about the offer not being transferable.
Message 55 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to enter the invite codes and somehow it took me to a landing page that allowed me to enter my personal details. This is what gave me the idea that I might be able to get around that and that they will just use my information in their underwriting process. However, I'm just a bit worried about what hard cuts they might have as well as their credit policy and whether or not they will decline scores above a certain cutoff.

Message 56 of 127
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, if you're able to get around that piece of validation then the worse that can happen is the application being declined.

But, since there really isn't a whole lot of DPs on this specific CC, even with someone else using another individual's invitation, it's anyone's guess how your attempt would play out. Of course, GP's always welcome!
Message 57 of 127
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wouldnt play with someone else's invitation code, no different then someone trying to use your info to apply for something that wasnt meant for them. #respecthegame Smiley Wink. Seriously though, slippery slope imho.
Message 58 of 127
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My aunt got an invite for this card. However, if she doesn't plan to apply for it, I was wondering whether or not I can use her invite code instead. Do you think they have some sort of hard cuts for non-targeted customers that are considered "prime"? Or is that even possible to decline those people from a compliance standpoint? Just a bit of background: I have a 737-754 score depending on the credit model used. However, I recently got declined when I applied for Capital One QuickSilver due to my oldest card being less than 3 years (it's about 2 years now) so now I'm a bit traumatized. I currently also have 6 credit cards, 3 of which are store cards which I now regret getting except for the Amazon one which also has a so-so CL (about $2000). I really want to get a no AF, no foreign fee good cashback card. And if it has a sign up bonus as well as a 0% intro offer, then that would be a great bonus.

What would be nice is if we could get some data points about your aunt's credit profile. This could open up some idea as to what BoM is looking for in a customer for this card. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

This keeps getting stranger... My dad just got a mailer for this card and and his EX IS 783 20+ yr credit history never been late no derogs no BK ever only balance carried is BT promo check mailers
9+ accts. Always PIF Etc Edited: maybe they only target ppl who carry balances? Cuz DD has 2 @ 50% UTI from remodeling w/ BT offers.
Message 60 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.