cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On do not solicit list but still receive mailings.

tag
Budoka
New Contributor

On do not solicit list but still receive mailings.

I have been on the opt-out/do not solicit list for YEARS and it indicates so on all 3 of my credit reports. However, I have always continued to receive mailers from Citibank/AA, almost monthly, even though I don't have any accounts with them. Very annoying because I know I don't receive the sweet 100K offers etc from Amex because I opted out. I have no interest in contacting Citi because as I said I don't have any accounts with them. How is it they can still send mailers to me even though I am opted out? How can I resolve this? As a side note, is the opt out also why I don't receive pre-approvals online as well or is that a separate system? Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On do not solicit list but still receive mailings.

Is it possible your "opt-out/do not solicit" has expired? As I remember it was good for five years?! Have my name in the same place to stop all the insurance mailings (way too many) and it works for me.
Message 2 of 4
Budoka
New Contributor

Thanks. That is good information and something I will keep in mind for the future but doesn't seem to be the case in this instance. I pulled my reports last month and the opt-out was still indicated. Additionally, even if it had expired they have been sending this stuff for the 5 years that it would have been active on my reports. It is only Citi that I receive solicitations from. No other bank...ever.
Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it possible your "opt-out/do not solicit" has expired? As I remember it was good for five years?! Have my name in the same place to stop all the insurance mailings (way too many) and it works for me.

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm on the list and I don't get any offers -- snail mail or email.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.