cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On scale 1-10 rate my credit card lineup?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On scale 1-10 rate my credit card lineup?

I filed Chapter 7 BK back in 06/2007.  Just wanted to know what does the members here think about my credit lineup? Scale 1-10. If something needs to improve suggestions are welcomed.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card lineup?

I'm guessing you're on a no go list With Chase?

If not, AARP or CSP for restaurants.

Also, BoA better balance rewards is an awesome card, as are the discover it/freedom.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing you're on ano go list With Chase?

If not, AARP or CSP for restaurants.

I burned Chase so they don't like me. Everytime I apply they find different reasons. Too many inquires or too many new accounts.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a great lineup and based on your posts, you are not the type who wants a lot of cards.  So I'd let these age...

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you have a great lineup and based on your posts, you are not the type who wants a lot of cards.  So I'd let these age...

Yes that was me couple months ago. But now I am changing.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Eh?  That was a good decision / choice to have.. Why the sudden change if you don't mind me asking?  What are your current needs?

Message 6 of 27
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: On scale 1-10 rate my credit card lineup?

If your lineup works for you then it's a perfect 10 right?? 

I don't see any low APR cards for those times when someone might want or need to let a balance ride for a month or two.  Maybe something under 10% would be nice like a CU card or Ring.  Beyond that without a breakdown of your spending habbits it's hard for anyone to recommend to you what would work for you.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Eh?  That was a good decision / choice to have.. Why the sudden change if you don't mind me asking?  What are your current needs?

I been on these forums alot these days that would be the biggest reason. Second reason is alots of my friends can't get approved even for a $1,000 Capital One. That makes me feel I should take what I can get. Make me feel better LOL. My monthly spend is still kind of low. Mostly gas, food, and department store shopping.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On scale 1-10 rate my credit card lineup?

@wacdenney wrote:

If your lineup works for you then it's a perfect 10 right?? 

I don't see any low APR cards for those times when someone might want or need to let a balance ride for a month or two.  Maybe something under 10% would be nice like a CU card or Ring.  Beyond that without a breakdown of your spending habbits it's hard for anyone to recommend to you what would work for you.

Ring is on my list. I got two brand new accounts with Barclays in about 3 month time frame. Waiting for them to age. Meanwhile Citi and BOA is 0% until October.

Message 9 of 27
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I been on these forums alot these days that would be the biggest reason. Second reason is alots of my friends can't get approved even for a $1,000 Capital One. That makes me feel I should take what I can get. Make me feel better LOL. My monthly spend is still kind of low. Mostly gas, food, and department store shopping.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If food is a larger category for you then you could benefit from something to address that.  With Chase out of the question the next best option besides AARP I think would be PayPal Extras at ~2.5% CB on dining.  Discover would also cover dining at 5% at least part of the year. 

I'm assuming "food" means dining, if it means grocery stores then you've got it covered with Sallie.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.