Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the subject of AU...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the subject of AU...

I know the score benefit of being an AU has just gone away, but are there still benefits? For instance, my most recent decline lists "not enough recent positives" as its reason. Will being an AU on a card at least give me a positive, even though I wouldn't get a (undeserved, understandably) score boost?

Not looking for a score hike, just looking to get past the declines to prove that I've learned from my mistakes. But I need a card to do that.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On the subject of AU...

I don't think the AU thing has gone away yet.
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, as far as I know AUs still count.
Message 3 of 4
Dawn
Established Contributor

My AU status is still showing on accounts on the reports I pulled through MyFico 10/9/2007.  From my scores, it appears that they are still being used in the scoring. 

I haven't seen any articles or notifications that spell out what we can expect to see (or not see) on our credit reports after the AU accounts are no longer factored into the FICO scores. 

It will definitely be confusing if the accounts still appear on the reports, but their age, CL and payment history is not being included in the scores.  I hope they make a provision for this so we can better tell which accounts are being scored and which are not.

I'm reviewing old, inactive accounts to determine if we need to try to reactivate them and change me to a joint user, or just leave everything alone and take the hit when they are no longer factored in.

I would like to think that someone (either the CRAs or the CCCs should send us notices about exactly what to expect, if and when this is implemented.) 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.