Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Credit Inquiry with Two "Requested On" Dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Credit Inquiry with Two "Requested On" Dates

It's been a huge credit building year for me. I graduated from college with my masters degree last summer. In order to begin building credit I open several credit cards and took a few necessary loans. I'm stating this because it makes me feel a little bit less ashamed to open by saying that I had piled up 6 credit inquiries.

Two of the credit inquiries were from a local credit union that I took two loans from-one an unsecured personal loan, one an auto loan. The requested on dates for the inquiries were August 22nd, 2013 and April 30th, 2014.

when I ordered a copy of my TransUnion credit report today, I noticed two things:

1) my credit union had performed an account review soft pull on December 15th

2) the report appeared to only show 5 inquiries. On closer inspection, the two inquiries from my credit union were modified to the following:

Credit Union

Address

Inquiry Type: Individual

Requested On: 08/22/14, 04/30/14

Does this mean that I now have 5 hard inquiries? More specifically, do two requested inquiry dates separated by commas but listed as one individual item only count as one hard pull on the report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: One Credit Inquiry with Two "Requested On" Dates

With two seperate requested date, it is counted as 2 hard inquiries. They usually combine inq requested by one bank/financial institution into a single section like that.

And 6 inq are not that bad. Tons of people have much more inq due to some app sprees. You have good scores so it does not matter much.  

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 2 of 5
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

It's 2 HP's.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

With two seperate requested date, it is counted as 2 hard inquiries. They usually combine inq requested by one bank/financial institution into a single section like that.

And 6 inq are not that bad. Tons of people have much more inq due to some app sprees. You have good scores so it does not matter much.  

I appreciate your response.  You says that 6 inquiries is not too much?  There's a statistic I have ready multiple times in the last few months that has stuck with me.  I found the actual stat, directly from the MyFico information booklet provided on this website, so I could provide it verbatim:

"Statistically, people with six inquiries or more on their credit reports can be up to eight times more likely to declare bankruptcy than people with no inquiries on their reports"

I am now "in the garden" trying to drop off the inquiries, but I have actual proof of where they have hurt me.  I requested a credit limit increase from Discover, and "regretfully" authorized a hard pull to obtain the increase.  I got a small increase, but no what I requested.  The letter which I received in the mail concerning the increase stated that I had not been approved for the full, requested amount because of insufficient experience at the current credit limit and because I had too many hard inquiries on my report.

I am looking to apply for a mortgage, but my herizon is focused on when all six have been removed a few years from now.  I wouldn't dare apply for one now.  Thoughts?

Message 4 of 5
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Well if you are gonna buy a house, it's another story. You may want to consult the Mortgage Loan forum, and if I were you, I would let at least half of the inquiries fell off before applying for the mortgage.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.