Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Last Prime Card - Suggestions?

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: One Last Prime Card - Suggestions?

They did pull EX on me.  Unfortuntly all of my applications I applied for pulled EX.  Must be an AZ thing.  Really hurting me with that.  Guess I will have to wait for the letter then call back and try some more sweet talking.
Message 11 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

rbbyrbsn wrote:
if you r bargian hunter ,look into citi cash returns, on the most basic level it %1 with automatic $50 redeemptions by check . I already have Discover More but after looking to citi's offer in detail , if I didn't already have the discover, i would have cash returns/

The big thing with is that not only more cash back at certain online merchants by link via thier site, thay offer more cash back swiping at certain merchants, at times you can get bonus cash by swiping or by linking to to the merchant online store, other times it be online or offline.

I did apply for the cashreturns MC card.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
Message 12 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@nicemann wrote:
They did pull EX on me. Unfortuntly all of my applications I applied for pulled EX. Must be an AZ thing. Really hurting me with that. Guess I will have to wait for the letter then call back and try some more sweet talking.

Every prime card pulls EX for me don't feel bad. Only non EX pulls for me have been my CU's and Juniper.
Message 13 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

Called the App Status line it is a denial.  Oh well guess I will wait for the YS letter and maybe it is something I can fight.
Message 14 of 18
NICKI183
Established Contributor

nicemann wrote:
Called the App Status line it is a denial.  Oh well guess I will wait for the YS letter and maybe it is something I can fight.

Hello- sidebar question:  How did you increase your scores almost 100 points from Sept to March and then I believe an additional 20 from March to May 1st. 

Any tips you can give will be helpful!
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 15 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

NICKI183 wrote:

Hello- sidebar question:  How did you increase your scores almost 100 points from Sept to March and then I believe an additional 20 from March to May 1st. 

Mostly because I had some baddies cycle and fall off because of the seven years.  Still have two medical collections left on though.  They won't accept a PFD though.  If they would I have be set.
Message 16 of 18
NICKI183
Established Contributor

nicemann wrote:

NICKI183 wrote:

Mostly because I had some baddies cycle and fall off because of the seven years.  Still have two medical collections left on though.  They won't accept a PFD though.  If they would I have be set.

Thanks for taking the time to provide that update.  I have six baddies coming off in July.  Whew!  I hope that jumps my scores from a row house to a nice Condo....LOL.
Anyway, I didn't realize the affect that the baddies had when they fall off.  My BK is not due to fall off until 2012.  That will keep my scores low I guess.

Thanks for the tip
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 17 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If you can join NFCU or PenFed, I'd say try one of them for a CC. They are both excellent, and highly recommended.
Here we go again...
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.