Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One More Then Done

tag
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: One More Then Done

If you can apply on the phone for a Discover It card.. I would.

I was just approved for $10k today after getting a 'we will review' message and offered me a phone number to expedite the process.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 11 of 24
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

Great job Panda Bear! Your hard work is noticed and appreciated by Discover it appears.

Message 12 of 24
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@tmbr10 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for one more credit card to add to my profile then I'm done and off to the garden(& other ventures) forever. A pertinent bit about myself.... I'm 41 yrs old. My FICO is 816. I currently have 2 inqs with one to roll off in May. I have 2 Amex (Delta & BCE), 2 Chase (Freedom & Marriott), 1 Citi (Diamond Preferred), 1 C1 (Quicksilver), 1 Bank issued and 1 Home Depot cards. I'm using less than 7% of my available credit and my AAofA is 11 yrs. No baddies, but with an 816 you probably figured that out on your own.

I thought adding discover to my collection but they appear to be too conservative for my last hoorah. Any CL below, say 12.5k, I will consider a wasted effort.

I thought about BofA (probably their AAA card) since I haven't done business with them yet.

I've also thought about CLI one of my current cards with a lower CL. But they are hardly used so there would be no real incentive for the issuer to increase that line.

It will be a bonus if the card is nice looking. I still like that sparkle in a woman's eye when you drop a cool looking card Smiley Wink 

I've done a lot of thinking. Since this is the last go round, I want to get a good one. Also not really interested in inheriting another AF.

It's a lot but I will appreciate all thoughts. Good, bad and otherwise.

You sound like a dirty old man....you would probably like my hot blonde skinny wife with blue eyes....and my wife says she likes my Discover card better than my Amex...hope that helps you with picking credit card and  attracting a Gold Digger lol.....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 13 of 24
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

Vegas get a life. And yea, I would probably make your wife throw rocks at you. Please dont try to derail my thread again.

Message 14 of 24
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Get the Marriott Premier Rewards...black metal card, 70K points, nice starting limits ?? Good enough ?  I  like my Cap1 and Discover designs better and should I get tired of the look I can change them again or have multiple designs....but that is from a women's point of view...LOL

edit: I get the wow and oohhs with the Marriott card especially in Europe and find nothing special at the look other than the weight..LOL

Never mind...just saw that you have it already..Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 24
Vegas247
Established Contributor

LMAO...that's what my wife said when I asked her what Card she like best....she asked why I was asking...I told her a lonely old man wanted to impress a woman, and needed advice on what woman like as far as Credit Cards look.....she said that oldman needs to get a life....I was just trying to help you. Don't be mad.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 16 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 17 of 24
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to add a couple more things, if I may.  Lexie, no worries.  I'm keeping it clean as I always do....

First, no matter how high my scores are, I will never go into a relationship with a financial institution with a sense of entitlement.  You're not believing in them as much as they're believing in you (specifically on credit cards). It takes time to build a relationship.  I'm always appreciative for the chance of them believing in me, using my history to assess my ability to repay and my score to confirm it.  I use a more common sense approach, I guess.  If you have someone living high on life that makes incredible money, has joined the "100K" CC club, kept his or her util to 1-9% and sh*t hits the fan financially, that individual has alot more opportunity for major indebtedness with that 100K available than those of us who have 2 or 3 cards with humble limits that know how to use them.  

Lastly, I do like nice looking cards (who doesn't)?  But... if I have anyone in my life is evaluating the looks of my card when I pay for dinner or other entertainment, etc., I likely need to reassess their true intentions.  My wife thought I was the bomb when I had a CapOne card with a $500 limit and still feels the exact same about me with my pretty bluish/silver and orange Discover card.  I guess you can call us "common folk"...  Smiley Very Happy 

Edited: spelling

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 18 of 24
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

@tmbr10 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for one more credit card to add to my profile then I'm done and off to the garden(& other ventures) forever. A pertinent bit about myself.... I'm 41 yrs old. My FICO is 816. I currently have 2 inqs with one to roll off in May. I have 2 Amex (Delta & BCE), 2 Chase (Freedom & Marriott), 1 Citi (Diamond Preferred), 1 C1 (Quicksilver), 1 Bank issued and 1 Home Depot cards. I'm using less than 7% of my available credit and my AAofA is 11 yrs. No baddies, but with an 816 you probably figured that out on your own.

I thought adding discover to my collection but they appear to be too conservative for my last hoorah. Any CL below, say 12.5k, I will consider a wasted effort.

I thought about BofA (probably their AAA card) since I haven't done business with them yet.

I've also thought about CLI one of my current cards with a lower CL. But they are hardly used so there would be no real incentive for the issuer to increase that line.

It will be a bonus if the card is nice looking. I still like that sparkle in a woman's eye when you drop a cool looking card Smiley Wink 

I've done a lot of thinking. Since this is the last go round, I want to get a good one. Also not really interested in inheriting another AF.

It's a lot but I will appreciate all thoughts. Good, bad and otherwise.

You sound like a dirty old man....you would probably like my hot blonde skinny wife with blue eyes....and my wife says she likes my Discover card better than my Amex...hope that helps you with picking credit card and  attracting a Gold Digger lol.....

Perhaps one of these cards would do the trick.

http://www.commercebank.com/personal/cards/credit/garfield-visa/default.asp?cm_mmc=redirect-_-person...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 19 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

1) Sallie Mae

2) Fidelity Amex (it's backed by FIA/BoA not Amex. Just uses the network)

Discover is a 50/50 shot at 5 digit approval limit in my opinion.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.