Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more post - a word of advice to those who are addicted to these things

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: One more post - a word of advice to those who are addicted to these things

If you were declined and then your employer pulled your report and found tons of collections, bankruptcy, late payments, etc, I would be worried.  Being declined simply for not having enough of a credit history is no big thing.  If your employer pulls your credit report, they will see that and I would not worry about losing your job over this.

Chill pill time.  I know it's stressful, but it will be fine.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: One more post - a word of advice to those who are addicted to these things

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Huh??? All I remember reading here were cordial posts providing sound advice, which you are either free to accept or ignore. I just don't understand the attitude.

+1

OP, we all understand that you're feeling, ummm, peevish. You have excellent credit; just not very much of it, and therefore lenders are hesitant to take you on. That's just kinda the way things are these days.

You've gotten lots of friendly input about how to fatten up your credit history and thereby become more attractive to lenders.

Obviously, you are perfectly free to take the advice or totally disregard it, but (1) stop acting like people have treated you badly, because they haven't and (2) stop acting like you're a helpless victim, because you aren't. You now have the information you need to improve your situation. Your choice as to whether to try it out.

Fix your situation or don't; whatever.

Meanwhile, I would think that you'd qualify for a corporate AmEx very easily.

If you do get the card (kicking and screaming, no doubt), realize that it won't be on your own reports unless you mess it up in a major fashion. That's because the credit was extended to your employer, not to you.

--seriously, I'm perfectly fine with people who choose not to use credit. Chacun a son gout. But it does get old reading the ranting and railing posts.

Good luck to you in whatever the heck you decide to do, and I mean that sincerely.

+1

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.