Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Chat with A Citi Representative on CLI's

tag
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

Re: Online Chat with A Citi Representative on CLI's

every CLI that ive done on their site has been a soft pull. they have always countered my increase amount too

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 21 of 25
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

This is clearly a YMMV and likely because different customers are put in different categories of some sort. I suspect it may have to do with other banking relations with Citi. For instance if one has a checking/savings account with them they have can combine the information history to create a better risk metric.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 22 of 25
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

**bleep** lmao as soon as I read "pulled out very softly" I LOL'd Hilarious nice wording.

It'd be nice if it really was always a soft. When it comes to Inquiries SOFT is better than HARD.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 23 of 25
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

This is clearly a YMMV and likely because different customers are put in different categories of some sort. I suspect it may have to do with other banking relations with Citi. For instance if one has a checking/savings account with them they have can combine the information history to create a better risk metric.

Definitely YMMV. I have no banking relationship with CITI other than a CC. My first 2 CLI requests were soft pulls. Never tried for a third. My wife, on the other hand, who also does not have banking relationship with CITI, just a CC, got hard pulled on her first request.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 24 of 25
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@BMW_M-Series wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

This thread was freaking hilarious! 

Anyway, where exactly on the site can I request for an online chat feature?

ETA: (sorry for the old thread bump)

click on the make a payment and then on the pop up box just click live chat Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Back to topic,  I'm really starting to think the CSRs don't know the difference between soft and hard pulls. I really think they have their own definition of soft and hard. I don't know how many times they've said soft and I got a HP.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.