Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open 2nd Discover? With BK?

tag
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

Open 2nd Discover? With BK?

Hello folks, just checking on the likelihood of me getting a 2nd discover card.

I currently have the Discover IT card with a $2300 limit. I recently got a easy soft-pull CLI for $300.

My Fico 8 is at 670. I do have a BK that was filed in 2015, but was dismissed as I never went through with it (...long story).

I want a card with travel rewards and the current card I have is cashback rewards.

Do I have a decent shot at getting a 2nd card?

4 REPLIES 4
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Open 2nd Discover? With BK?

When it is a year old they will let you have another.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

It's possible to get a second Discover card with a BK...I'm proof it.  My first Discover was approved with a lower limit and has slightly inched toward $5100 where it appears to be stuck.  My second Disxover was approved at $11k.  I've had it about 8 months now and it's currently at $15.5k.   

But as mentioned by another poster, you'll need to be at least 1 year with your current Discover before obtaining a second one.

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also correct me if im wrong but the Miles card isnt really a travel card per se. Just in case Op was wonderingSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit You are correct. It's a cash back card disguised as Miles....kinda what the CapOne Venture/VentureOne used to be before adding airline partners.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.