cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open NFCU online and CC app on same day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open NFCU online and CC app on same day?

Ive been looking through threads but not really finding this.. if I open an NFCU account online today.. is ot smart.to apply for a CC immediately or wait a few days? Thx
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open NFCU online and CC app on same day?

Not sure it really matters, once youre in I think you should be good to go. Have heard of a number of people that applied for account on the phone and went right into applying for credit products.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what I did. Called and joined and put in my card app. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRe: Open NFCU online and CC app on same day?

I was approved for membership, approved for a Cash Rewards CC, and a $15K CLOC all in a matter of 13 minutes.

Now, they did freeze me out 15 days later for "additional verification". But even that was lifted after I provided the necessary documentation; within 2 - 3 business days.
Message 4 of 15
OakCliffTX
Established Member

Re: CRe: Open NFCU online and CC app on same day?

I opened my checking account last night and applied for cash rewards and got approved with 700 limit. I also applied for CLOC but got denied. Scores high 500 and low 6.

Target SC $300 CL Walmart SC $300 CL Credit One $550 CL Kay Jewelers SC $1k CL Cap1 QS $500 CL Cap1 QS AU $1.1k Cap1 QS1 AU $950 CL Home Depot SC AU $2500 CL FingerHut SC $800 CL
Rebuilding 12/08/18 624 EQ 591 TU 581 EX
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval..Give it 91 days and three statements and apply for a 2nd card for a higher limit Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I applied for my credit card the same day my membership was approved.

Message 7 of 15
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now, they did freeze me out 15 days later for "additional verification". But even that was lifted after I provided the necessary documentation; within 2 - 3 business days.

Curious what they asked for.  Just ID or POI?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7

Federal or State Issued ID, and a secondary form of ID (one item) from a list they provide serving as proof of address. I opted for a utility bill. No POI, but paystubs were an option.

I then received a phone call from a LO requesting an SSA-89 which is a Social Security Administration Authorization to Release. I've worked with SSA-89's for years, and they are harmless. So, I downloaded a copy rather than wait for them to send one via snail mail, uploaded to their secure server, 48 hours later I received a text stating my information was verified and that my accounts were accessible.

Blissful relationship ever since!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for an NFCU card about an hour after they approved my membership. With $0 in my account, a mid 600 score, and a credit report showing a few unpaid charge offs and collections accounts they approved me for a $15k limit card.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.