Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open New Account

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Open New Account

I have opened two new account one with Discover and one with Barclay's. I wanted to add one new account Citi, should I wait some time so that Barclay's does not AA my account?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Open New Account

Just because you open 1 new account does not mean Barclay will AA you the next day 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Just because you open 1 new account does not mean Barclay will AA you the next day 

Agreed.  You should be fine.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

But Citi might.

Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

If I get the Citi Card it will be two new account, three if you count Barclay's.

Message 5 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

But Citi might.

Smiley Tongue

That's just cold!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

But Citi might.

Smiley Tongue

That's just cold!

The fact is, Any lender can choose to close you out with little or no provocation. Is it in their best interest? They'll never tell.

Message 7 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Very true.....CCC are a nervous bunch 

Message 8 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to get rid of my account that are no good to me. Like Merrick Bank @ $4,00 AF. Chevron card not Visa, gas is more for me in my location. Don't shop at Belk as they are too far away from me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.