cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSky notification of auto rental collision damage cancellation on secured cards

tag
user979797
Established Contributor

OpenSky notification of auto rental collision damage cancellation on secured cards

OpenSky just recently announced that customers who have or will obtain a secured Visa credit card account from Capital Bank will see changes to the credit card program in which the auto rental collsion damage waiver will no longer be provided if you use your OpenSky Visa card to obtain a car rental.

This means you will want to make sure to use a card that offers this feature, or sign up for the insurance provided by the rental company. This change is effective Feb 01 2021. They also advised that cardholders should be notified of 2 additional features that will be added to the benefits of their Visa card soon.

I hope this isn't something that is going to be happening with other credit cards as that has always been a valuable benfit that comes with most accounts. OpenSky customers take notice and be aware of this change starting Feb 01 2021.

>
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: OpenSky notification of auto rental collision damage cancellation on secured cards

@user979797 wrote:

I hope this isn't something that is going to be happening with other credit cards as that has always been a valuable benfit that comes with most accounts. OpenSky customers take notice and be aware of this change starting Feb 01 2021.

It is.  See https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Langley-BoA-USAlliance-and-Comenity-Nerf-Their-Cards/m...

Must be a Visa change as the date of change is the same (Feb 01 2021).   Perhaps some fees for offering it are increasing so more issuers are opting out.

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: OpenSky notification of auto rental collision damage cancellation on secured cards

I don't have an Open Sky, but I do have a Navy secured that has this benefit, so I'll probably lose out on it too.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.