Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening other cards after establishing positive credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opening other cards after establishing positive credit history

I am looking into opening a new card with Chase. I currently have their Amazon Visa and am looking at getting one other card with them. I'm interested in knowing with Chase (as well as with other banks) if your odds are better at being approved if you have positive history on another card with the same bank already.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opening other cards after establishing positive credit history

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking into opening a new card with Chase. I currently have their Amazon Visa and am looking at getting one other card with them. I'm interested in knowing with Chase (as well as with other banks) if your odds are better at being approved if you have positive history on another card with the same bank already.

Yes, positive history with any lender will greatly enhance your approval odds for another card with that bank,  The longer the history, the better. However, if other parts of your credit report are suffering, positive history might not be enough to compensate.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.