Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opensky CC

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Opensky CC

I will be getting an Opensky CC within a couple weeks and had a some questions.

It reports as unsecured right?

When is the bill usually due?

Does anyone know what date the bill is sent out (or from your experience)?

How many days do you normally have to pay the bill? 

To the Gurus, my score is currently a 558, how likely is it that I can get it to a 620 with just this one card?

I currenty have 2 collections and one charge off.  The collections I have disputed and the charge off I am trying to get straightened out as well.

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Opensky CC

That's a very bad card. If you're going to do secured anyway then you should go with a cu or bank or even cap1.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 28
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I don't have an option at this point.  No one will approve me for one, I've tried my bank, BofA, Cap 1 and my local CU is who I have the charge off with.  I don't want to keep having HP's just to get no.  Smiley Sad 

I also want something that reports as unsecured.

Message 3 of 28
starry1
Valued Contributor

A search on here says they report as secured and only report to ex and tu.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 28
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Hmm odd I was just looking myself and found many that said it doesn't report as secured, their website says plainly it reports to all three bureaus.

Message 5 of 28
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I still have the card from when i first started rebuilding, It does report to all 3 bureaus and it does not report as a secured card.

Still i would suggest looking elsewhere for a secured card, OpenSky is barely a step up from First Premier.

You already took a triple pull from Capital One have you tried calling for recon?

Message 6 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I will be getting an Opensky CC within a couple weeks and had a some questions.

It reports as unsecured right?

When is the bill usually due?

Does anyone know what date the bill is sent out (or from your experience)?

How many days do you normally have to pay the bill? 

To the Gurus, my score is currently a 558, how likely is it that I can get it to a 620 with just this one card?

I currenty have 2 collections and one charge off.  The collections I have disputed and the charge off I am trying to get straightened out as well.

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

i disagree with most about the opensky card. if you can't get a secured card with your bank, or credit union, or you financial institution of your choice, and you don't want to open any store credit, opensky is a great way to start. you are guaranteed approval, and the deposit process is quite convenient.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 28
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Yes I did after many hours of talking to a crazy number of people I got the final answer of "our secured card isn't going to help your situation because you have two collections"

Message 8 of 28
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I can't get credit ANYWHERE! LOL Its kind of sad but it is what it is!  I don't have an option to get it anywhere else that pulls your credit because as soon as they do they say no.  I am trying my best to rebuild but it seems impossible to since I can't even get approved for a secured card!  That is why I feel Opensky is the only choice I have left at the moment.

Message 9 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I can't get credit ANYWHERE! LOL Its kind of sad but it is what it is!  I don't have an option to get it anywhere else that pulls your credit because as soon as they do they say no.  I am trying my best to rebuild but it seems impossible to since I can't even get approved for a secured card!  That is why I feel Opensky is the only choice I have left at the moment.

yes. i agree. it is a good choice. please take my advice. its okay to start like this. there is no shame in that. many have to start from the bottom. you are doing the right thing accepting the opensky card.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.