Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on PenFed needed...

tag
ryllz75
Established Member

Opinions on PenFed needed...

So need your guys opinion..

Called PenFed and for now they told me that they want to see how i will use the Promise card with a 21k limit in the next 6 months before they extend additional approval for the PLOC.  They did offer to allow me to either take 5k or 10k from the 21k cl and put it into the PLOC or the AMEX. 

What do you guys think?  is it better to have the Promise CC with 21k limit or having 2 tradelines reporting either the Promise and Amex or Promise and PLOC with 15k/6k split respectively?  Im thinking what would look better in my report to help increase the score down the road...

- 4/20/14 - Start to credit comeback - TU 630 - 1 Judgment and 5 baddies / EX 609 - 1 Judgment and 1 baddy / EQ 647 - 1 Judgment and 1 baddy
- 6/9/14 - TU 763 (6/20/14) Clean Report! / EX - 703 Clean Report! / EQ - 695 Old Judgment still hanging around
- 6/11/14 - Entered the Garden. Stay until 12/1/14... AOR 11 CC since April 29 with $92k in New CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Opinions on PenFed needed...

Doesn't matter which way either of them report, to me. You either need a LOC or you don't. You'll probably want to keep a 21k CL, however one never knows if they will ever be approved with PenFed, so who the heck knows?! lol PenFed must love you! Smiley Happy My guess is that your annual salary is quite large? 6 figures, at least? They seem to value that for sure a heck of a lot more than credit history/scores.

Either way, congrats on your monstrous approval from PenFed! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with Kenny, if you need the LOC go for it now by shifting that 21k limit. If not, wait it out 6 months and keep that nice 21k limit intact.
Message 3 of 4
ryllz75
Established Member

thanks all for the opinion... appreciate it...will keep the 21k CL then..  :-)

- 4/20/14 - Start to credit comeback - TU 630 - 1 Judgment and 5 baddies / EX 609 - 1 Judgment and 1 baddy / EQ 647 - 1 Judgment and 1 baddy
- 6/9/14 - TU 763 (6/20/14) Clean Report! / EX - 703 Clean Report! / EQ - 695 Old Judgment still hanging around
- 6/11/14 - Entered the Garden. Stay until 12/1/14... AOR 11 CC since April 29 with $92k in New CL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.