Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Sig

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Opinions on Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Sig

Hey guys,  

As the title suggested, I'm looking for advice and opinions on the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Signature and Wells Fargo in general. They keep sending me pre-approved mail with a locked in APR of around 15% for their cash rewards card. I haven't applied for anything in years and am in no immediate rush but I'm interested in getting a 15 month 0% APR now that my Discover 0% promo is running up. Also, I wouldn't mind beginning a relationship with Wells Fargo. I have no prior business with them. I do, however, already have a 1.5% cash back card. 

Is it worth applying with WF? Do they provide healthy starting credit lines? Is it easy to obtain future credit limit increases and lower interest rates? Are they a nervous lender known for taking adverse action? I'm just trying to get a feel for them as a lender. I've never had an adverse action taken on me (knock on wood). 

I appreciate any advice, experience and insight. Thanks in advance! 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Opinions on Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Sig

Others may feel differently but honestly I think it's an extremely average card from a below average bank. There are so many lenders out there to do business with. Wells is just not at the top of my list by any means. They never seem to get any accolades for great service or anything, and I think their products are just mediocre.

Most lenders have at least a couple compelling advantages compared to other banks. I cannot think of anything unique to Wells that makes it worth a relationship. Just my opinion but maybe someone else can chime in. 

I wouldn't put up with them for an extremely standard 1.5% card.

Message 2 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Meh.  DW has the Cashwise card, and we both have Platinum from Wells Fargo.  They're not great, not awful.

I like the cell phone insurance, but have never had to use it.

It's a quality card and we've had no troubles with them.  

If memory serves, DW got a SUB with the CashWise, then used it for the zero percent balance transfer... and it's now a monthly pay in full card.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know that I'd be interested in them for a 1.5% cash back card since there are so many other options out there. I like my Propel from them as it's great for a no AF card. But I find the app to be sluggish and reminiscent of the original iPhone "web apps", and credit limit increases are only available by phone. As mentioned, customer service is mediocre at best. I'm not sure I'd be willing to put up with all these gripes and a 3% FTF on a 1.5% cash back card when there are so many other options. 

Message 4 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Is the other Wells Fargo Visa Sig still available (the one that works with Propel)?   Doesn't seem to be on their credit card page but does come up on search

Message 5 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'm not even a fan of the Propel.

Stopped using it last year.

The redemption rates suck.😂

So the Cash Wise is even further down the list for me.

I agree with the other posters.

Find a better card and FI to app for.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avg Lines

High APR

Decent customer service.

They are the only big bank to offer me 3 months of interest free payment defferals as covid assistance. This is available to anyone needing it.

They offer FICO Score 9. Most banks offer version 8, if thats important to you.

Message 7 of 16
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Avg Lines

High APR

Decent customer service.

They are the only big bank to offer me 3 months of interest free payment defferals as covid assistance. This is available to anyone needing it.

They offer FICO Score 9. Most banks offer version 8, if thats important to you.

I've also been impressed by their customer service. I received an alert about a transaction on my Propel AmEx a few months ago, and it turned out to be fraud. I called in very early on a Sunday morning and was immediately connected to a CSR. The rep initiated a fraud investigation, closed my card and issued a new one, and it took about 3 minutes from beginning to end.

I've had to call them just a few times and the calls were always professional, courteous and speedy. CSRs were based in the US, too.

Id rate them right up with Disco in terms of customer service.

Message 8 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I know i am beating a dead horse here although have tried for propel a few times and lame denial reasons that are fairly abstract.   With that said WF just cant seem to keep their nose clean by the way they do business and recently got in trouble yet again for some of their practices they just can't seem to get past for whatever reason.  Find a better FI that offers better rewards, lower aprs and better limits and and all around better experience with an institution that has some integrity which WF appears to not understand what that word means.  I want to like them and hope they change their ways as have a checkig account with them, but can't teach an old dog new tricks..?

Message 9 of 16
FICOnoob2020
Valued Member

I get the impression WF is generally regarded as a conservative lender, at least on the revolving/consumer side of things.  They recently discontinued the consumer version of their secured card.

Propel seems to be the sweetheart of their products around here, but since the thread is about Cash Wise... I recall reading that they give 1.8% back for use through a digital wallet, instead of the base 1.5%.  It was pitched as a 20% bonus (thus 1.5% ---> 1.8%) if that makes a difference.

Good luck with your decision!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.