cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank CLI, Closed Account, Customer Service!

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank CLI, Closed Account, Customer Service!

Thought I would share my experience this morning...

I spoke to CSR this morning -- great guy, patient and accommodating -- and explained that my orchard bank card has not grown with me these past few years and that I would like to close my account. The card started with a $700 limit which a few months later grew to a $900 limit but has remained there for four years. I told him of my recent acquisitions, Amex Clear, Chase Slate and Freedom, etc.. with limits as high as $7000, due to my great credit history. He confirmed my great history by looking at the history on my two accounts and seeing that I have never missed a payment. He gave me a few options, even offered to increase my credit limit on the card, but could not confirm that it would not be a hard pull. I did not want to add another inquiry on my reports since I had already added a few new inquiries from my recent new credit. I decided to close the account and keep my other $2000 limit open for now.

I thought I would feel good closing and ORCHARD card, but I actually felt bad since the customer service was quite accommodating. It all came down to what is in my best interests. I told the CSR that although I appreciate everything he is trying to do for me now, but that it was a little too late. Orchard should have taken my great payment and customer loyalty into consideration on a regular basis (as my other have stated that the accounts are reviewed periodically) and it should not have come to the point where I had to call in asking to close my account to have a credit line increase was offered. I told him that I decided to keep my Platinum card open for now to see what Orchard will do for me; He added a note to my Platinum account that I am looking for a credit line increase.

In summary, I closed an old (2007) Orchard account with great payment history, no annual fee, but a limited credit line that did not grow over time. I am not too concerned with the AAoA since my two Amex cards have been backdated to 1995 and I know that the tradeline will continue to report for at least 10-years.

It's time to move on...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Orchard Bank CLI, Closed Account, Customer Service!

@Iincognito wrote:

Thought I would share my experience this morning...

I spoke to CSR this morning -- great guy, patient and accommodating -- and explained that my orchard bank card has not grown with me these past few years and that I would like to close my account. The card started with a $700 limit which a few months later grew to a $900 limit but has remained there for four years. I told him of my recent acquisitions, Amex Clear, Chase Slate and Freedom, etc.. with limits as high as $7000, due to my great credit history. He confirmed my great history by looking at the history on my two accounts and seeing that I have never missed a payment. He gave me a few options, even offered to increase my credit limit on the card, but could not confirm that it would not be a hard pull. I did not want to add another inquiry on my reports since I had already added a few new inquiries from my recent new credit. I decided to close the account and keep my other $2000 limit open for now.

I thought I would feel good closing and ORCHARD card, but I actually felt bad since the customer service was quite accommodating. It all came down to what is in my best interests. I told the CSR that although I appreciate everything he is trying to do for me now, but that it was a little too late. Orchard should have taken my great payment and customer loyalty into consideration on a regular basis (as my other have stated that the accounts are reviewed periodically) and it should not have come to the point where I had to call in asking to close my account to have a credit line increase was offered. I told him that I decided to keep my Platinum card open for now to see what Orchard will do for me; He added a note to my Platinum account that I am looking for a credit line increase.

In summary, I closed an old (2007) Orchard account with great payment history, no annual fee, but a limited credit line that did not grow over time. I am not too concerned with the AAoA since my two Amex cards have been backdated to 1995 and I know that the tradeline will continue to report for at least 10-years.

It's time to move on...

It seems that there a lot of folks who are moving on right about now, and that's great! Congrats!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.