Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank/Capital One Card Transition Question

tag
sihil
Established Member

Orchard Bank/Capital One Card Transition Question

I read a lot of posts about the transition from Orchard to Capital One. I just switched mine over today and my card is listed as a platinum card. My other Capital One card is platinum. Should I contact them and see if I can get upgraded to a Quicksilver or something different?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CEOriginal
Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank/Capital One Card Transition Question

Yeah I would call and try to get your original Cap1 card upgraded to a Quicksilver. Good luck on upgrading your OB card, or trying to get a CLI for that matter. Although, it does seem that folks have had success getting an APR and/or AF reduction on their OB cards.

As always, it may take an email to the EO to get something accomplished.

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 2 of 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

So far there's no luck on the Orchard Cards...

Trying to change it to another card gets a "no, not yet", and even CLI aren't able to be processed for the transitioned accounts yet.

However, there aren't a lot of data points right now for post transition orchard accounts with the EO. So you may be lucky, give it a shot! Nothing to lose Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

Yes, you should call.  I did yesterday and while they would not convert me to QuickSilver they did give me the same rewards as QS on both my Cap1 Platinum Cards one of which is an Orchard Bank conversion.  So although I don't get the cool looking QS card, I do get 1.5% cash back on both cards.  They also gave me a one time credit equal to my AF on both cards.  Waiting to hear back on CLI's.

One intereresting thing - I assumed that once the conversion was complete the AF on the old Orchard Card would lower to the normal Platinum AF, but was told my AF was still $74 on that card and $19 on my other Platinum.  Glad I called and got those credited.  The credits are already showing up on my account before the AF's actually hit in August & Semptember.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 8
sihil
Established Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. Even if I can't get it upgraded to a Quicksilver, having the Platinum with the same rewards as Quicksilver would be just as good! Congrats to SoonerMagic1 on the Orchard Bank conversion!

Message 5 of 8
Creditchaser
Established Member

+1   SoonerMagic1

I contacted the Capital One EO via email just before my Orchard card fully transitioned.  I asked them to permanently delete the AF(currently $6/mth)  and increase my CL to $5K.  (currently I have a$1.5K CL).  I've had the card since'08 and have greatly improved my credit score since then.  This is actually the lowest limit card I have. 

The rep was very friendly and addressed my concerns.  Long story short, they were unable to increase the CL eventhough my history and credit profile is great.  I was told $1.5K is the max CL for the Platinum Mastercard that I have been given however they did credit the AF for this year and add cash back rewards 1.5% on every purchase to the card.

I was also told this was a SP.  Since I know this card won't grow with me I now have to decide if I want to keep it or send it to the shredder next year before AF kicks in !!Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
cjd
Valued Member

My plan is to wait 1-2 months and then see if I can get my OB card changed to a quick silver and also get a CLI. I already have another Cap 1 platinum with no AF and a 3500 CL so a card with only $300 plus the AF definitely isn't worth it. If I can't get some type of upgrade, I will have to close it next year because it won't be worth it.

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 7 of 8
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I called my EO rep who got me a CLI on my other cap 1 card, he took my information and said he will call me back in a few days. I got this in my box a few hours later
"You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to
help you understand why: While we complete account transitions we are unable to offer credit limit increases. Thanks for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience." UGH this was my rebuilder card, now it's pretty much useless @ 300CL

Update 7/19 - still no call from EO but upon logging in they gave me a $700 CLI to $1000 when I asked for $2500. Well I guess I'll take it.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.