Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Card - Secured or not?

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Orchard Bank Card - Secured or not?

Ya, it's 4am, and I'm about to head to the airport.  But before I do, I'm doing my usual reading of the fico forums, and it just dawned on me.

Is my OB card secured or not?  I honestly can not remember how I opened it.  I'm fairly certain it was opened with a SD.

Besides calling CS and asking, is there a way to tell on my CRs?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Card - Secured or not?

@Repo-ed wrote:

Ya, it's 4am, and I'm about to head to the airport.  But before I do, I'm doing my usual reading of the fico forums, and it just dawned on me.

Is my OB card secured or not?  I honestly can not remember how I opened it.  I'm fairly certain it was opened with a SD.

Not exactly. You would need to call them to find out.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

Kinda sorta maybe. Depends on the issuer.  It'll say on the CR under "Account Type" 

I know that BankofAmerica secured cards report as "Secured Credit Card"  but the Capital One secured card reports as a regular "Credit Card".  Don't know about about Orchard. Take a look at your report(s) but don't take it verbatim if it just reports as  "Credit Card" - call in

Message 3 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys.  I'll give them a call when I get home next week.

I guess I am kind of hoping it isn't despite having a low CL.  Not sure, even with low CLs, that having a un-secured may "appear" better to future lenders?

Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Thanks guys.  I'll give them a call when I get home next week.

I guess I am kind of hoping it isn't despite having a low CL.  Not sure, even with low CLs, that having a un-secured may "appear" better to future lenders?

IMO it may be better to have a secured card because you can control your CL. Unsecured you have to wait until they feel comfortable giving you a CLI!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Good point.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.