Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank / HSBC Credit Limit Increases Approved Again

tag
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Orchard Bank / HSBC Credit Limit Increases Approved Again

I just recieved notification that HSBC/Orchard Bank has started doing Credit Limit Increases again after being suspended for over a year.

If you are a card holder like me and have never recieved an increase give them a call and ask.

I have been stuck with $300 limit for the last 1 1/2 years, i called and I asked for one and they said they will send a letter in 7-10 days.

That's not a denial or an approval but i guess standard practice since they have to pull my FICO and Credit Report again.

My Credit Score has improved about 70 points since I opened the account so i am hopeful :-)

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mocha82
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank / HSBC Credit Limit Increases Approved Again

When I received my increase a little over 3 mths ago from them (orchard bank)  I was told about my mousey little $100 increase right away.  I requested a increase yesterday and it was denied.  I think the 7-10 response is also a denial.  Call back and really press the rep for details and you will find out. 

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 11
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

I've had my Orchard card since March of this year.  Always report around 10% of my available CL and PIF every month.  Called in today, she asked for my income, put me on hold and approved me for $100 CLI.  Not much but I'll take it.  The rep I spoke with assured me that the CLI was solely based on my payment history and I will not have a hard inquiry on my CR.

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't say it's based solely on your history. They soft check CR's frequently. I see an AR soft from them from August on my EQ.

Message 4 of 11
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

I just requested a CLI and was approved.  I went from $300 to $600, which I'm totally happy with.  I think they did a soft hit on me since they only asked for my annual income and that was that.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 5 of 11
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

what number you guys calling?

Message 6 of 11
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

I called the number on the back of my card..

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are increaseing without a fee as of today 9/29/2011 just for everyone to know i am sure it wont last long and the woman on the was nice no cost for the increase and only a soft pull but u must call and ask they dont increase without request to do so ...

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

they are increaseing without a fee as of today 9/29/2011 just for everyone to know i am sure it wont last long and the woman on the was nice no cost for the increase and only a soft pull but u must call and ask they dont increase without request to do so ...

what fee for increase? my hsbc has had two increases and I have never heard of any fees for doing so.

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Okay before we get to much confusion...

Back about 3 or so months the CLI button started working online for Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard, $100- went to $200 or 300 I forget, $300- went to $600, and a few got a little bit better but it was instant and it was a soft.

As of about 2 weeks ago CLI opened up on I think pretty much any of HSBC rebuilder Cards HOWEVER upon hitting button it's a HARD and it was being manually reviewed for ACTUALLY REAL CLI and CL's.  Some posted getting like 3-5k CLI!!!!

I got the $300 CLI 3 months ago but upon the hard a couple weeks ago got nothing and underwriter was nasty, I have a whole post on it.

I would have never done it if it was hard, I don't even carry this card, I just dislike the bank and the employees.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.