cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank (HSBC) Has Resumed Customer Initiated CLIs...Yay!!!

tag
eharley0142
Valued Member

Re: Orchard Bank Has Resumed Customer Initiated CLIs...Yay!!!

Been an Orchard Bank card holder since April, '07. $300 CL, active use of card, perfect payment history. Have never gotten a credit limit increase.

I called the backdoor number and they said they are no longer doing CLI and that they would start back up again on the 23rd. And at that point it would be a hard pull on my credit report. Online CLI requests are still blocked on my account as well.

I have no idea why I can't get an increase with these people.

Your mileage may vary.

Message 81 of 88
Loques
Regular Contributor

Oh Orchard.  Had them since 11/2009.  Started with $300 limit, perfect payment history.  Never got an increase.  Called the backdoor number (that was listed here with the "nice CSR's" - and they are) and got an immediate $100.  Whoo - a whole $400. Thanks Orchard! Smiley Indifferent

But, hey, at least they're actually giving them! Smiley Happy Either way, I think they're going to the chopping block before the AF hits this year.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 82 of 88
mocha82
Regular Contributor

Update:  I just called customer service and I was given a $100 CLI!!!  I was declined the first time because I was 2 wks shy of the 6 mths mark.  It's not much but it's a start.  My first CLI on a CC...I can remember when I couldn't get a credit card.

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 83 of 88
eharley0142
Valued Member

Been an Orchard Bank card holder since April, '07. $300 CL, active use of card, perfect payment history. 

I've called before and I have never gotten a credit limit increase.

This week, I once again called the backdoor number and they gave me a $150 bump to $450.

Representative said I could call again in 6 months, but I imagine that I'll be calling Capital One at that point.

Message 84 of 88
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@eharley0142 wrote:

Been an Orchard Bank card holder since April, '07. $300 CL, active use of card, perfect payment history. 

This week, I once again called the backdoor number and they gave me a $150 bump to $450.

Representative said I could call again in 6 months, but I imagine that I'll be calling Capital One at that point.

It might be the same reps with a different company name -- which may or may not have the same policies.

Message 85 of 88
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Started me out at $320 June 09' and they gave me a $100 CLI last month after I called in and requested it.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 86 of 88
eharley0142
Valued Member

@stan_the_man wrote:

@eharley0142 wrote:

It might be the same reps with a different company name -- which may or may not have the same policies.

Called back a year later to see what they could do about my annual fee ($35) or credit limit (still $450).

The card itself hasn't been switched to a Capital One card yet, but I believe I was talking to Capital One reps, not sure.

Anyway, the best they could do for me was one time 50% off annual fee ($35 -> $17.50) and no increase in credit limit. I didn't get a chance to cancel the card before the annual fee hit, so I'll try this dance again next year. And if they can't waive the fee completely, I'm out.

I've finally gotten a decent credit limit ($6000) from another bank (Barclays) so I don't need this as a lifeline any longer.

Message 87 of 88
rushx2112
New Contributor

THREAD NECRO!

Email the Capital One EO and ask them to increase CL and waive fee, has been working for a lot of us, some with a SP

Message 88 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.