Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Upgrade

tag
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Orchard Bank Upgrade

I have an Orchard Bank secured credit card and I called the backdoor number and requested that it be unsecured. I had called last month and the person I spoke with told me to call back next month which I did today and I was told they would review the account and send a letter in the mail with their decision.

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Upgrade

How long have you had it? Mine automatically went unsecured at 12 months. 

How is your activity?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

I have had it for about 4 years.  I use it and always have a $10 balance for it to report to the CBs as it is the only card I haveSmiley Happy (since Chase closed my $2,000 cc). I always keep my util to be between 1% and 9%.

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
happy0510
Established Contributor

Chase sucks. I would be so irked!

I see no reason why Orchard would hoard your money now.  I would push it to get unsecured.  Not fair!!

You have more than proven yourself by now. Not to mention, atleast when I signed up it clearly stated it would unsecure with good history!!

Message 4 of 12
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

I don't know what's going on at Orchard.  I am awaiting their letter to see what it says,  When I do the preapproval for the soft pull, it comes back approved at 14.99% and $59 annual fee, but I don't know what the limit would be.  Since Orchard is my only cc, I can't even threaten to close it, so hopefull they will convert it and increase the limit.  I have applied for the Discover Student card and was declined, as well as the Macys card and declined also.  I am just going to wait awhile before I do anything else.  I need more cc to improve my mix of credit.  Hopefull my car loan will help when it starts reporting.

TU 669 9/6/09

EQ 660  8/31/09

EX 682 8/26/09 (LO pull) approved for car loan $24,000 at 5.49%

Message 5 of 12
happy0510
Established Contributor

I'm surprised Macy's declined you.  I only have 1 CC (Orchard) as well and I was just approved.  Maybe you should recon.  I also have 1 baddie from 2004 reporting as well.

Message 6 of 12
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

I have a bk from 7 years ago and a medical bill that I am disputing, these are the only 2 baddies.  I called them to recon and they said to wait for the letter.  I am not applying for anything for awhile

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Orchard Card (secured or not) counts as a credit card, and your auto loan counts as an installment loan - so you have a very nice mix of credit going.  Additional CC's are not needed for the mix - most of us like to have more than one for convenience and if we are watching # of accounts reporting a balance.  Let us know how your FICO responds when that installment loan starts reporting.  Most people report they have best results if they PIF with only one cc reporting.   Good luck!  It looks like you're doing dandy - no rush for those additional cards.  DH hit 802 with just one cc, one installment and one mortgage - so you can go far!
Message 8 of 12
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

BeamMeup,

Thank you for your response.  I was about to start worring about my mix.  Now I will just have 1 CC with $300 limit, the car loan (which has not been reported as yet, picking up the car todaySmiley Very Happy) and I have student loan (all in good standing).  No more applying for me for now.  Hopefully Fico sees me as being good.

1 bk off 3/2013 and 2 accounts with lates that I am still GWing.

EQ  8/31/09 - 660

TU  9/6/09   - 669

EX  9/17/09 - 682 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too, IMHO, the best secure card, especially if your credit really is in a gutter. I would call again and ask for a manager.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.