Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank, mess up again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank, mess up again

GRRR....I am fuming mad here. A little history. I have an Orchard CC with a 300 CL. I use to  keep it pretty much up to the small limit and started paying it down like 6 months ago. About 2 months ago I decide to really start fixing my old bad credit. I ended up here and have found a wealth of knewledge.

I had the card down to $42 last month, which was due July 15th. I was really excited to pay the card off and finally get a zero balance. My payment was scheduled to be paid automatic deduction like always on the 15th. On the 16th, I get an email alert saying my account was over its limit. I was like WTF, I just paid it off yesterday. I got online and was amazed at what I found. My account with a 300 limit had been charged a returned payment of 1560; along with the accompanying returned check fee of $29 and the over limit fee of $29.

Since they are such a great company and don't have anyone to answer the phone 24 hours, I had to wait and call the next day. When I talked to a supervisor she understood what was wrong and said they would fix my account that is was all a mistake. She advised me it would update and may take 14 days. I was worried since that would put me close to the end of the month. I did not want them to report negative info to the CRA.  About 10 days later the payment was fixed, but I still had the over limit fee and returned payment fee. I called back and they fixed it within 24 hours.

My account was finally showing a zero balance. Last week I thought I would use that to my advantage and call and try to negotiate better terms on the account. They agreed to raise my CL to 400 and lower my APR. They also said they would waive the AF next month. I thought, I guess they are an OK sub prime company that I may keep for a little while.

That brings me to today. I checked my account yesterday just because I am obsessed with my credit now. It said zero balance. I get a familiar email today saying my account is over the limit by 540. I logged into my account and sure enough the same thing happened. I was charged a returned payment of 940, along with the returned payment fee and the over limit fee. I know my blance was zero, and like last month, my CL is 400, why would it show such a large payment. I call and ask for a supervisor. She explains that there must be a mistake again and they will look into it. She says it may take 14 days. I got angry and said that is unacceptable. If I mess up, my account is charged the same day, but you need 2 weeks to fix it? Give me a break.

This brings me to some questions. I asked if it is not fixed before they report to the CRA what would happen, She replied that they would fix it later as soon as they could. We all know what once you lose FICO points that simply fixing the error does not make the same points come back.  Is there anyway to hold them more accountable? If I disputed what the account says now, and then they report it as over the limit, is that any violation? Any ideas what I can do to teach these people that just because we are so called "sub prime" you can't treat us like this.

Sorry for being so long, I am just fuming angry they act like it is no big deal.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank, mess up again

Somethig sounds fishy here, hang in there keep reading in the forum someone has had a similar situation look for other orchard bank postings.

Good Luck and keep us posted with the results

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.