Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank situation

........ of sorts.

I'm getting my head wrapped around the whole "credit report" format.

I have an active Orchard Bank account.  I HAD two.  I apped for a second card to use for separate expenses.  Then they closed it (for whatever reason).  This was several years ago so it doesn't matter anymore.

But on my current card it still shows two late payments (from 07 and early 08).  That's fine, I'm working on a GW for those.

Now for the punchline.  I have two other OB accounts that show the same open date, credit limit, late payments, etc.  Just different account numbers.  These are cards that somehow got hacked so I reported them lost/stolen.  No issues with the charges, got a new card, etc.

But they're showing as two other accounts with the associated late payment dings.  Obviously this distorts the credit report.

I prefer to avoid getting passed around the phone, sending letters, etc and would like to get right to the source to have these completely removed as they ARE essentially the active account.

From the backdoor thread:

HSBC: 866-574-4421 (App Status)

HSBC: 866-551-0258 (Credit Analyst)

HSBC:  866-280-0118 (Executive Resolution Unit)

Orchard: 800-395-6090 (May get answered in Spanish by bilingual CSR's.  If this happens and you don't speak Spanish, either try again later or try saying "Habla ingles?" or "Ingles, por favor" to let them know you're an English-speaker).

Which is the best number? (my mighty powers of observation say the App Status number can be laid aside)  What are the magic words I use to get to the right person?  For example when I call FedEx I just keep saying 'agent' regardless of what skynet asks me and I get to a live person with minimal fuss.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank situation

I had a similar situation. I remember reading somewhere that, if your CC account is reported lost/stolen and you are assigned a new account number, both accounts numbers will report for two years. 

My issue was that Salute was bought out by a new bank. The new bank changed my account number.  My CR began reporting as if I had 2 different Salute accounts with the exact same payment history. I disputed with the CRAs and Salute. Only TU dropped one of the accounts. 

If you find out something different, please make sure you post it here.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe these two "accounts" are older than two years so I should be fine there.

I didn't call Orchard/HSBC.  I went direct to TU and did a dispute since the account is essentially in triplicate.   Rashid says they're working on the dispute (to delete the two dupes) and I'll find out within 30 days.

It was four days on another dispute I did thru TU.  Seems only TU has the issues lol.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled creditsecure today and those two other "accounts" are gone lol

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.