Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard/Cap1

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Orchard/Cap1

Hey Guys/Gals,

Well I called in and hoped for a CLI and was turned down because Capital One has decided to make a "Business Decision" on not to honor any customer CLI or even automated CLI at this time. What do you guys think on whats going to happen to all of the orchard bank accounts? Are we stuck with these low balances or do we just have to wait until our accounts fully convert into cap one accounts? I called capital one executive offices and Linda transfered me to HSBC executive offices which claim to be Capital one now. The lady kept apologizing and kept stating their is nothing she can do. I kept it respectful and polite but I just hope we have a future with out accounts. I think in the meantime, I will use it do deduct my SW and PIF and keep depositing money onto my Cap one secured until I get to 3k.

Any one have any input or inside information?

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boonelb
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard/Cap1

I got one back in July from cap1 on my orchard bank card.  I called in Nov and they told me to call back in Jan after 6 months has passed.

Message 2 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

Hey Guys/Gals,

Well I called in and hoped for a CLI and was turned down because Capital One has decided to make a "Business Decision" on not to honor any customer CLI or even automated CLI at this time. What do you guys think on whats going to happen to all of the orchard bank accounts? Are we stuck with these low balances or do we just have to wait until our accounts fully convert into cap one accounts? I called capital one executive offices and Linda transfered me to HSBC executive offices which claim to be Capital one now. The lady kept apologizing and kept stating their is nothing she can do. I kept it respectful and polite but I just hope we have a future with out accounts. I think in the meantime, I will use it do deduct my SW and PIF and keep depositing money onto my Cap one secured until I get to 3k.

Any one have any input or inside information?

No inside info here, but if I were you I'd just wait it out.  The timeline I heard for branding transfer was in the next 3 to 6 months, but there is a lot more information here: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/welcome-faq/

Once the card actually becomes a capital one product serviced by the normal reps, it will be eligible for the same increase and product change policies as other cap 1 products, meaning you have to go executive to get much of anything done.  In the meantime, you'll just have to be patient.

Message 3 of 5
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

P- 

I appreciate your quick and timely response. I know in the back of my head I need to be patient. But atleast by the time the Orchard account switches over to a Cap One product, It will be a year and a couple of months from when I opened the account and by then I will have my Cap one secured up to 3k.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 4 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

P- 

I appreciate your quick and timely response. I know in the back of my head I need to be patient. But atleast by the time the Orchard account switches over to a Cap One product, It will be a year and a couple of months from when I opened the account and by then I will have my Cap one secured up to 3k.

Anytime - I remember when I was at 300 on my one card, and it wasn't even enough to use for gas for half a statement cycle.  Frustrating.

Hang in there.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.