Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Graduation

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Orchard Graduation

I received my first credit card in Aug 2007 which was a secured card from Orchard(500 CL).  Since then I have opened a BOA unsecured account(01/08) which has a 3200 CL and I was just approved for an Amex Blue last week (2500 CL).  So I'm doing good so far.

I sent an email to Orchard asking them how long does it take for a secured card to graduate to a unsecured card and the reply I received was 18 months after the account has been opened.  Does anyone have experience with this particular topic with Orchard.  Do you think it's worth it to call them and ask about it.

I don't want to close the card because it is technically my oldest account(well by only 5 months) but I don't think I should have to deal with a secured credit card anymore.

What are your thoughts?
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Graduation

Put on your best boots and kick them to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 4
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Opened same card in 9/07. Got a few more since. Let them go last month and am waiting for my check.
Difference of 2 months as oldest account to second oldest.
I'll live w/ it.
Just my 2 cents

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 4
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

WOW it seems like you doing very well .Smiley Happy
So you do not need them any more which is let them go,and get your money back .
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.