Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Not Updating...

tag
jdsays
Contributor

Orchard Not Updating...

So I got my Orchard Bank card in March.  In April they reported on the last business day of the month (I didnt know they would) and my balance was $266/300.  I always PIF before the statement cuts, but I didnt know they reported off-statement.  So now that I know, I make sure that the balance is very low ($8) around the last of the month to make sure my util will be low.

Well I pulled my reports today and its still listed as $266!!  This is KILLING my util!!   Anyone know why it wasnt updated?  Its been a week and a half into the new month, I thought for sure it would be updated.  Should I wait another week or so??

Do they always report on the last business day of the month?

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard Not Updating...

Mine wasn't updated either.  I think they just decided to skip last month.  I am hoping they update at the end of this month though!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The balance they report is your balance as of the last business day of the month.

As to when they actually report it, that can be a very different story. Sometimes they just don't. It seems like they often skip January or February, as I recall, plus there's often another time later on. Wish I knew how they were allowed to get away with this!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
jdsays
Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
The balance they report is your balance as of the last business day of the month.

As to when they actually report it, that can be a very different story. Sometimes they just don't. It seems like they often skip January or February, as I recall, plus there's often another time later on. Wish I knew how they were allowed to get away with this!

I see....well thats not very nice!  I guess Ill just have to play the waiting game.  Ironic how they manage to report my high balance but when its super low they conveniently skip reporting.  GRRR

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

Ditto. The last update shown on my report is in April when I had high utilization. It is less than 10% now and still my credit report has not been updated. I called few days ago and the CSR said she'll make note on my account to have it updated. She said it might take up to 30 days to send the new info to the CRAs. Yeah...right...whatever.

Also, I checked my payment history and the last "OK" was in March. I've always paid on time.

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Message 5 of 12
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Orchard hasn't updated for me since March. I have paid my card down considerably and have been patiently waiting for it to update. I have had my Orchard for almost 3 years now and they have never skipped a month reporting, until I pay the balance way down Smiley Sad

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 6 of 12
armymom
Regular Contributor

@ficonewbie01 wrote:

Ditto. The last update shown on my report is in April when I had high utilization. It is less than 10% now and still my credit report has not been updated. I called few days ago and the CSR said she'll make note on my account to have it updated. She said it might take up to 30 days to send the new info to the CRAs. Yeah...right...whatever.

Also, I checked my payment history and the last "OK" was in March. I've always paid on time.

I'm in the same situation.  Mine hasn't updated since 4/30. 
Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC-related cards, when they do post to the credit reports, tend to appear about the 10th-15th on EX, and a few days later on EQ and TU. I've personally had TU display an HSBC update as late as the 27th.

So, the "May" update - actually on May 29 (last business day) or May 31 (last calendar day) - should appear on EX any day now, and most likely should appear on EQ and TU between the 15th-20th. If it hasn't hit EX in the next week, it probably was missed entirely, and then I'd call and complain ...

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has an Orchard card which failed to update in May 09.  We sent an online "secure message" to CS that we needed it updated, and also filed an online balance dispute with EX.  The balance was updated within a few days on all 3 CRA's.
Message 9 of 12
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

I paid my account off and closed it in March and it is still reporting a balance on my credit reports, even though the account is showing a 0 balance online. How can we get them to report correctly. When the account was open and active they reported correctly every month.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.