Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Secured Deposit Refunds

tag
misfit928
New Contributor

Orchard Secured Deposit Refunds

I have been reading several posts about the orchard secured card deposit and I thought I would share my experience with it so far.

I received the check for my secured deposit in the mail today with the a letter stating that i qualified to have my card has graduated to unsecured and the the check is enclosed. So, it looks like the checks are being sent out. 

Cap One has also set up a website to provide information and updattes on the transition.    http://www.hellocapitalone.com/

Has anyone else had the pleasure of experiencing this also?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard Secured Deposit Refunds

@misfit928 wrote:

I have been reading several posts about the orchard secured card deposit and I thought I would share my experience with it so far.

I received the check for my secured deposit in the mail today with the a letter stating that i qualified to have my card has graduated to unsecured and the the check is enclosed. So, it looks like the checks are being sent out. 

Cap One has also set up a website to provide information and updattes on the transition.    http://www.hellocapitalone.com/

Has anyone else had the pleasure of experiencing this also?

Though I'm not completely sure yet if my check has come in yet (ah the joys of living on campus and having to wait for all my mail until I return home every two weeks...will check tomorrow!), I heard about this at the beginning of the month thanks to another poster, and called the number on my card to verify that my account was unsecuring. Good thing I did, because I sent a secured message before that and didn't get a response for practically five days due to the weekend and president's day. The rep I got was so friendly and SO EXCITED to let me know that my account was now unsecured, I would receive the check no later than 30-45 days, and thanking me for being a customer and hoped I was excited for the transition to capital one! I thanked the gentleman for his time and explaining everything to me! Then a few days ago I found the hellocapitalone.com site from the Orchard Bank site!

Honestly, I can't wait to get my check! $1,500 plus some change from interest! Plan on using my $200 cash bonus for opening a Chase checking account with that check, AND earning a 10% annual bonus on points earned on my Freedom! Plus I'm hoping that our Orchard Bank cards can become some great cards through Capital One Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.