Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard and processing time?

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard and processing time?

ummm...

We are unable to finalize your credit card application. You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days. Thank you!

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:
ummm...

We are unable to finalize your credit card application. You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days. Thank you!

Reads as though you are hesitant to call Orchard which is the best possible solution with any CC company most of the time. Say they were going to deny you for some arbitrary reason, speaking to someone will give you the opportunity to explain your side and have them reconsider the decision.

Maybe they were not able to verify some information on the application you submitted; so you have any alerts on your report? Call them and GET YOUR CARD.  As wonderin wrote previously, think positively. SO a search regarding my experience with Bank of America and calling in for reconsideration. It really can happen.  BE POSITIVE.

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:
ummm...

No offense, but DH got the same message ... he had transposed two numbers in the checking account info (that's how we paid the processing fee) and since they couldn't process the fee, they could "finalize" it. It cost DH an extra week, but since it opened the door for the primer cards in his wallet, we can't complain too much!

IS it possible that you made a boo-boo???

Call them!!
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:
ummm...

I think it's also worth mentioning that I DID at one point, try to get an HSBC card (in addition to my Orchard) and I was declined flat-out. When they denied me, it said absolutely NOTHING about "finalizing" the application. It simply said "Sorry, but we're not able to approve" you at this time (or some such spiel to that effect -- the words "unable to approve" IS verbatim, though).

I really think it's a minor issue!!!
Message 14 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Hmmm...does anyone have a number??

Message 15 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Anyone?

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would check this thread for a backdoor number.

If not, the number my spouse has on the back of the card is (503) 293-4037

Message 17 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Well, I didn't get a chance to call yet, but they took out the $19 processing fee from my bank account.

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Well, I didn't get a chance to call yet, but they took out the $19 processing fee from my bank account.

Well that's a good sign. I think Wonderin' is right, you appear to be in good shape. You may want to call them and just be sure they have everything they need on monday.
Message 19 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Hopefully! I will let everyone who is interested know as soon as I do.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.