Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard secured card

Hi i have been a member for only about a month and love this sight. I think it would help me greatly in the long run. I did not do my homework when i applied for an orchard secured card. Does anyone know if they offer the graduating to unsecured plan and how long might that take. Thanks 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard secured card

orchard secured does not graduate.. ever.
Message 2 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

a great choice for a secured card that offers graduation is boa.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=12066&query.id=239286...

There are a few rare success stories. I think in the link above the poster tried 20 times to get it unsecured before he was successful (I think it is msg. #1). But the frontline CSRs will tell you "No" nearly everytime. I had found a second link by searching "unsecured" and "orchard" that mentions that their card went unsecured after 18 months or so (seems like the post was from this past Sept.).

Message 4 of 6
manyquestions
Established Contributor

My Orchard Secured card unsecured at 13 months, a couple of months ago. It is true that if you call the CSRs will tell you they don't unsecure to get you off the phone.  Orchard does not unsecure very often.  When they do you get a letter in the mail telling you it is now unsecured with a form letter to mail to the bank to get your deposit back.  I wouldn't get an Orchard card expecting it to unsecure.  It's good for what its good for.  A positive tradeline when your credit is really bad and no one else will give you credit. LOL.  It has served it's purpose.  I'll only keep it now if they keep waiving the annual fee.
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:
a great choice for a secured card that offers graduation is boa.

I agree with score_building completely. I would definitely recommend BOA over Orchard secured.

Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.