Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard, soft or hard pulls for CLI?

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Orchard, soft or hard pulls for CLI?

I just called Orchard bank today using the backdoor number and requested a CLI but was told i'd have to approve a run of my credit report.  The Rep told me that they may or may not do a hard pull but he has no way of finding out for sure.  I opted not to go through with it because i don't want anymore inquiries and especially for Orchard and a few extra hundred dollars OR less.  My account has a zero balance and i haven't had an increase since August of last year.  My current limit is just $300 and you can see my scores below.  Have anyone recently received an Orchard CLI without a hard pull?  I don't even know why i'm asking for a CLI because as soon as the end of the year comes, i'm dumping this card, but I guess its a matter of knowing I deserve a CLI from them. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard, soft or hard pulls for CLI?

From my experience they have told me they need to pull my credit, but I've never had a hard pull....for ME it's always been a soft pull.  That was as recent as 4 or 5 months ago.
9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 2 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!! Anymore experiences??

Message 3 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:

I just called Orchard bank today using the backdoor number and requested a CLI but was told i'd have to approve a run of my credit report.  The Rep told me that they may or may not do a hard pull but he has no way of finding out for sure.  I opted not to go through with it because i don't want anymore inquiries and especially for Orchard and a few extra hundred dollars OR less.  My account has a zero balance and i haven't had an increase since August of last year.  My current limit is just $300 and you can see my scores below.  Have anyone recently received an Orchard CLI without a hard pull?  I don't even know why i'm asking for a CLI because as soon as the end of the year comes, i'm dumping this card, but I guess its a matter of knowing I deserve a CLI from them. 

You were properly advised by the CSR. Proceed accordingly.

Message 4 of 17
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I got my first Orchard in August 2006, the second in May 2007, then combined them in May 2008.

I now have the one original Orchard Gold (they won't bump it to Platinum) with a $1,200 CL. I must have asked for 10 CLI's over the years. They always say there is the possibility of a hard pull. Sometimes I got the CLI, and sometimes I didn't. But, I've never had a hard pull.

Message Edited by jaysdad2k on 01-19-2010 11:36 AM
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I call for a CLI every 6 months. Always a soft pull.

CB

Message 6 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so here is what I got today Smiley Happy   Smiley Sad

Orchard - $100

Macy - $500

NY & Co.  - $200

Chase - $200

Cap 1 - NO

A total of $1000.00

All Soft Pulls

Best Buy Rewards MC - NO...Don't know if they did a soft or hard pull but I think it was a hard.  My relationship with them will be over at the end of this year. 

Message 7 of 17
entmike
Established Member

Congrats on the CLIs.  It actually reminded me that I have 2 Orchard CCs that I've not seen a CLI on in over a year, so I called them.  Apparently the auto-CLIs I used to get are no longer done.  I asked the CSR "Well, so do I just have to keep calling for CLIs?  What time interval do you recommend me calling at?"  She (a manager) said, no lie, I could keep calling every 24 hours.  Anyways, 1 soft pull later, I had a $200 CLI on a $900 card from 2006 and a $100 CLI on a $500 card that is just a year old.

Anyone every tried just calling them over and over?  I mean, my credit was bad in 2006 (MUCH better these days), but piddly $100 and $200 increases are pretty pitiful.  But I guess I could call every 24 hours like she recommended (she kind of chuckled about it, herself).

Starting Score: 562
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 750

Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:

Ok, so here is what I got today Smiley Happy   Smiley Sad

Orchard - $100

Macy - $500

NY & Co.  - $200

Chase - $200

Cap 1 - NO

A total of $1000.00

All Soft Pulls

Best Buy Rewards MC - NO...Don't know if they did a soft or hard pull but I think it was a hard.  My relationship with them will be over at the end of this year. 

you got a cli from chase with out a credit pull??? are you sure about this, they always do pull if you request it

Message 9 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I am about 90% sure they did a soft pull because they didn't ask if i give my authorization to get a new copy of my credit report.  I won't be 100% sure until I get a new report.  If they did, I didn't authorize it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.