Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oregon Community Credit Union - The Duck Card

tag
missjae
Established Contributor

Oregon Community Credit Union - The Duck Card

After reading about The Duck Card and the generous limits, I applied.  They pull Equifax.  It's my best report, totally clean, and only a few inquiries this year (3-4 I believe) compared to my TU which has been hammered with inq's.  I have a fraud alert so they called to verify info.  After, the rep said I was approved for $15k!  Totally excited.  My highest reporting limit is 5k.  I just got 10.5k on the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, but it hasn't reported.  The Duck Card is not aesthetically pleasing, but it has a nice limit and is backed by a CU.  Rewards are not great either.....Loving this approval!

I have no idea what my credit score is since  I paid down debt, added cards, etc.  I was hoping to get the letter in the mail with my credit score as other posters mentioned.  I may still get it, but she did say the card was going out today and will arrive in 7-10 business days.

12/7/13 ETA: My score was around 733 (give or take a few points) when they pulled it.  I got the letter the day before the card arrived.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Oregon Community Credit Union - The Duck Card

Are they BK friendly?
Anyone figure out score requirements?
Message 2 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@missjae wrote:
After reading about The Duck Card and the generous limits, I applied.  They pull Equifax.  It's my best report, totally clean, and only a few inquiries this year (3-4 I believe) compared to my TU which has been hammered with inq's.  I have a fraud alert so they called to verify info.  After, the rep said I was approved for $15k!  Totally excited.  My highest reporting limit is 5k.  I just got 10.5k on the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, but it hasn't reported.  The Duck Card is not aesthetically pleasing, but it has a nice limit and is backed by a CU.  Rewards are not great either.....Loving this approval!

I have no idea what my credit score is since  I paid down debt, added cards, etc.  I was hoping to get the letter in the mail with my credit score as other posters mentioned.  I may still get it, but she did say the card was going out today and will arrive in 7-10 business days.

Wow $15k...sweet limit!  They seem to be generous.  Any idea what your utilization is?  How many new accounts this year?

Message 4 of 31
missjae
Established Contributor

@CA, not sure. I knew they pulled Equifax and it's clean as a whistle for me. Other posters may have mentioned scores in the other threads. My CK says 649 now and CS says 679, but they are always off from my Ficos.  That was at the beginning of Sept before my reports updated with the debt I paid down.

@Lexie, thank you!!

@B335is I have several new accounts: BofA, Chase, Barclays, 2 Amex's (backdated to 09), Sportsman's Visa, and a Local CU Card. My utilization is low. CK last listed it at 8%, but at time of the pull, it may have been slightly higher with one card appearing as almost maxed and one card at 50% utilization. The rest was small balances I didn't get to pay before statement cut.

From what I read, they are fairly generous. My experience with credit unions is that they tend to be a little more forgiving. My local CU gave me a 5k limit with 3 baddies (2 collections and a 30 day late) on my report and over 30% utilization. Scores were mid to high 600's depending on report.

Message 5 of 31
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

Is this on available to OCCU members? Or can anyone apply?

Message 6 of 31
missjae
Established Contributor

That's one of the best features! No need to be a member. I think that only applies to the Duck Card since it's geared towards Alumni of some school lol.
Message 7 of 31
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the awesome initial CL!

Message 8 of 31
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@missjae wrote:

Congrats!  Very nice CL!   

I wonder if that CU is wondering why all these random people are applying for the Duck Card?  And more importantly, why isn't there a picture of a duck on the card?   LOL

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 31
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I wish I hadn't read this--now I want one!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.