Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing travel credits, etc.

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Organizing travel credits, etc.

I'm looking for a better system to keep credits, free nights, and GCs organized.

For example:

Various hotel annual nights from CCs

A credit for JetBlue travel from a relative's cancelled flight that was only partly refunded to my card

An old Delta eGC when I bought 4x $50 ones on Platinum and redeemed the limit of 3...then forgot about the 4th for a while

$72 of remaining 2020 Schwab Platinum Delta extras

Delta companion certificate from Delta Platinum

2x $100 AA GCs from PR's extras credit

How do you keep track of all that?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Organizing travel credits, etc.

Check out awardwallet.com or the app. 

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 2 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Companion certificates, drink certificates, and eCredits from Delta are in my Wallet in my Delta account.  Marriott certificates and suite night awards are in my Marriott account.  For travel credits, I generally use them up soon after they renew.  3x Amex charge cards, CSR, USB AR, and BoA PR have credits from $100 to $325 each year.

During a brief period where I was buying Delta GCs for the Amex credits, I would keep track of them in the same spreadsheet as I track my MQMs and MQDs.  If it seems like a lot to keep track of, maybe open up Excel and list all credits you have with what you've used for each period?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there no way to store/add to your Delta account the eGC's?  What I did was printed a copy of my GC's and placed a copy with my passport. otherwise it's like looking for a needle in a haystack on my PC for the receipt.

Message 4 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there no way to store/add to your Delta account the eGC's?  What I did was printed a copy of my GC's and placed a copy with my passport. otherwise it's like looking for a needle in a haystack on my PC for the receipt.

Unfortunately it's not possible.  Vouchers (of the travel or beverage variety), eCredits, companion passes and SkyClub passes are the only things stored in Wallet on a Delta account.

Message 5 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my Delta profile I can link eCredits (which one might get from agreeing to give up a seat on an overbooked flight to take a later one) to my SkyMiles account..but I see no way to link an actual eGiftCard (purchased from the airline).

Message 6 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately it's not possible.  Vouchers (of the travel or beverage variety), eCredits, companion passes and SkyClub passes are the only things stored in Wallet on a Delta account.

It says my companion pass is "fully transferable". So I could use it to book travel for two other people traveling together? That is, I wouldn't need to necessarily be on the plane?

I expect to use it for myself and a companion before the 12/31/21 expiration...so mostly a hypothetical concern.

Message 7 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It says my companion pass is "fully transferable". So I could use it to book travel for two other people traveling together? That is, I wouldn't need to necessarily be on the plane?

I expect to use it for myself and a companion before the 12/31/21 expiration...so mostly a hypothetical concern.

Yes.  You can book two people that are not you on the same PRN and apply a companion certificate.

Message 8 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Awardwallet does have more functionality than I realized.

I'll try it along with K's spreadsheet...the former I might be more likely to keep up to date, while the latter may be easier to use if I can label the weird stuff (like the partial JetBlue refund) more clearly.

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What an awful experience with JetBlue's Travel Bank.

First JetBlue's website insisted that the password I had previously created for the credit was invalid. So I called and reset it. Then the "view your credit" part of their website recognized my 10-digit credit ID and new password as correct and let me view the credit. But the payment screen insisted the ID and/or password was invalid.

Either it is truly an uncommon problem or the CS reps are good actors. Most of the problems I read about are groups that need to rebook individually to use each person's separately-issued credit.

I was finally able to use it to book over the phone with the help of a CS rep. I even saved $5 on seat selection. But it took two phone calls and being on hold for an hour to get it sorted out. For all the time I needed from CS, it would have been better all around for them to have just issued a full refund to my credit card rather than this partial refund, partial Travel Bank mess.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.