cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other than GE and Barclays - Prime's pulling TU?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Other than GE and Barclays - Prime's pulling TU?

Other GE backed cards and Barclays, are there any other good prime cc lenders that most often pull TU? (Im in Louisiana).

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Other than GE and Barclays - Prime's pulling TU?

Discover mostly pulls TU

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex based my approval on Tu, but they pulled all three...

I was told by someone on this forum that I was 'borderline approved'...

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I had the same with my delta card

Message 4 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Discover pulls a lot of EQ too; EX is the one historically they don't seem to use much.

Duncan: I think CU's are likely going to be the best chance in this case; most "prime" lenders are national lenders who tend to pull all three as a result.  BOFA I know does CLI's pretty consistently on TU (and I've lived in Cali for nearly 8 years now, no chance they'lre pulling on my old TX address these days) but that may not help for establishing an account.  I have to really go out of my way to get anything to land on TU, and I suspect you may be similar with EQ?

        
Message 5 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

If I sneeze it lands on EQ.

Message 6 of 16
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

CA is either EX or EQ.  Only TU pulls I have ever had are GE and for my mortgage.

Message 7 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:

Hah, that's exactly my relationship with EX.  Going to steal your phrase on that in the future Smiley Happy.

SC: only EQ pulls I get are USAA and specific CU's that I chose... and namely those and other EQ-only lenders are the only ones who pull EQ for me with the possible exception of Discover since I don't think they pull EX much at all.

        
Message 8 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

Hah, that's exactly my relationship with EX.  Going to steal your phrase on that in the future Smiley Happy.

SC: only EQ pulls I get are USAA and specific CU's that I chose... and namely those and other EQ-only lenders are the only ones who pull EQ for me with the possible exception of Discover since I don't think they pull EX much at all.

Your more than welcome to use it. 

It seems that the banks sat together and geographically cutup the country so that while they use all 3 CR's nationally you are more likely to the same CR's pulled in certain parts of the nation and thereby have most of your inquiries on the same CR.  I have 4 EX, 7 EQ and 4 TU.  I'll probably save my EX for AMEX products (want to get two more after refi - SPG or BCP and a higher tier charge card) so that leaves me with some room on TU for a couple pulls.

Message 9 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

In my experience, Chase and Discover will pull any report you ask them to. M&T Bank also uses Transunion all the time.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.