cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Amex's Oasis jail -- finally!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Out of Amex's Oasis jail -- finally!

question on this, I've had the oasis card for some time now but when i call they say i can't upgrade/change the card... is there some special place i need to call to get that done or did their policy change?  i called the normal customer service and they also told me that i may have to cancel the card before i reapply for another which i thought was weird as well... i have a decent limit and don't want to cancel, i'd like to transfer it over...

Message 11 of 14
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I believe the current policy is you have to cancel and apply.  As generous as AMEX is with the charge cards lately, you ought to be able to get one of those, then a few months later a revolving card. I'd go for the Premire Rewards Gold or the Zync. Seems like they will give the Zync to just about anyone.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks thats what i'm starting to feel i have to do, i'd hate to cancel that oasis account b/c it has a 4k limit on it but looks like there's no way around it.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

just a follow up to this, my applications were getting denied for the AE Green Card and the denial was do to having an active recovery card open... i've closed the card Monday, two days later re-applied and was approved.  Just a fyi, no one at AE really understands or knows what that message means, they keep thinking that it is to re-build history even though I keep telling them I've had the card and always paid on time for 2 years... so if you do get that message, be sure to pay off the old card, close it and wait a few days... it also doesn't guarantee you a card... hence why i decided to try for the green -vs- the gold... i'll just upgrade to it later.. and also try for a credit card as well in a year.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.