Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding AMEX CSR

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Outstanding AMEX CSR

This is more of a FYI post.  I had to call AMEX today as I had a quick question on my new acct.  The lady that I talked with couldn't have been nicer, ( which is a pleasure in today's market place ).  She took the time to explain things in detail for me.  When we were done with my question, she thanked me for becoming a new member and hoped I would be with them for many years.  Before I hung up she recommended that I check each and every future statement to verify that it was correct for the stated charges.  She said, if there were any problems with any charge to please call AMEX immediately for their help to dispute it.  She said they would contact the merchant right away to take care of it should there be a problem.  I thought this lady went way beyond the norm to be helpful.  I find this to be outstanding since most companies seem to care less. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Outstanding AMEX CSR

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

This is more of a FYI post.  I had to call AMEX today as I had a quick question on my new acct.  The lady that I talked with couldn't have been nicer, ( which is a pleasure in today's market place ).  She took the time to explain things in detail for me.  When we were done with my question, she thanked me for becoming a new member and hoped I would be with them for many years.  Before I hung up she recommended that I check each and every future statement to verify that it was correct for the stated charges.  She said, if there were any problems with any charge to please call AMEX immediately for their help to dispute it.  She said they would contact the merchant right away to take care of it should there be a problem.  I thought this lady went way beyond the norm to be helpful.  I find this to be outstanding since most companies seem to care less. 

Thats awesome!!! Way better than CrapOne CSR's that I had to pull my hair out with over the weekend!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree, very cool.  AMEX seems to be much more willing to side with you in a dispute versus the company you have an issue with.

I'm glad the call went well, but did you have to suffer though the obnoxious beeping sound every 20 seconds or so ??  Smiley Frustrated   It drives me crazy when I call..

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEX CSR's are a delight to talk to. I have called them about 4 times and I always get the best service whether it be information, card features or even billing.

These guys love their job.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always been impressed with Amex CS when I've talked to them -- especially on the Platinum line.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've always been impressed with Amex CS when I've talked to them -- especially on the Platinum line.

AmEx CSR's are very nice to speak with, they treat their cardholders with a lot of respect, the PR Gold CSR's are even nicer to speak with, I can only imagine the CSR's in the Platinum division.

Message 6 of 8
jbu723
Established Member

I've only called AMEX once since getting my green card in November and the CSR I spoke to was SO nice and helpful. Like the OP she took the time to explain everything and even thanked me for reviewing my statement! I am really looking forward to many years as one of their customers!
Message 7 of 8
quest208
Frequent Contributor

even though i owe a balance from years ago, i get treated very well.  all my calls have been pleasant.  whether i get approved for another card or not, i still have nothing bad to say about their customer service.  its ahead of the pack

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.